A QUESTION - HONEST ANSWERS NOW...

Ian M

AJ's post brings up a soul-searching question.

"How many guys admit to having "SAFE-QUEENS" <font color="green"> </font> in their firearms accumulations."

I have both hands up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I guess its too late to claim that I don't!

BTW: She doesn't like to be called Queen to her face. She prefer's that I call her 'precious'.

AJ

As has been said in the past, "We are seperated by a common language".
Please could you explain what you mean by "SAFE-QUEENS" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ian

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Ah! i have just figured what you meant.
rifles that stay in your gun cabinet.

I can honestly say no, a condition of our firearms licences here in the UK, is that we use all our rifles a certain number times each year, or risk losing the authority to posess that rifle.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Ian,
I am impressed with the shooting you fellows enjoy considering the hoops you must have to go through.

By the way, I am waiting for Dave King's answer - although he turns so many rifles over in a year that the question might not apply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LOL, LOL, LOL

CHOKE... LOL again

Ian.. I knew from the start of the thread that you'd get around to wondering about my collection. I do a lot of pass-through on rifles, in fact my collection (Dave's previously owned custom rifles) is spread all over the U.S. of A..

I don't have a Safe Queen. I have some rifles (my favorites) that are so beaten looking, finish work off, scopes dinged that they might not be taken if I left them on the side of the road. (But they all shoot little tiny groups and have known data.) (The only reason I have a safe is so that Cheryl will be a little confused about how many I really do have!)

To clarify (in case someone comes and looks in my safe) I do have my son's guns in there and they do get pretty lonely.

But just to make you Safe Queen owners feel a little more kindred toward me... I will admit that I do have a few bullets that I haven't shot yet!!

Ian,

yes, we have many, many, hoops to jump through here in the UK, but, if we didn't jump, shooting here would die a slow lingering death.

We also suffer from prejudice from other so called "hunters" here in this fine country when a shot of longer than 300yards is mentioned, by some, this is an extreme range /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif One day my fellows will realize that rifles are capable of going that little bit further /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

However, to return to the question, I'm afraid that I have no cabinet queens - unless I mention my 12 bore, which sees the light of day only about a dozen times a year.

Ian,

I would admit to having one or two resting comfortably in the safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Course around the shop, nothing is safe from the crazy mind of the local gunsmith!!!

I will say after shooting my current 7mm AM the last several days, she will be pampered and will stay as she is for a long time to come. Only change may be a coat of teflon after the season.

Kirby Allen(50)

Not only do I have one (2) but my wife has one as well. My main safe queen is the "house gun". A winchester model 1200 pump. It is decked out with a side saddle ammo carrier, 18" cylinder bore barrel, an extended mag that sticks out 3" longer than the BBL (very cool looking effect) and a butler creek folding stock. Front and rear pistol grips, an aftermarket mag follower and side mounted sling top out this beauty. And there she sits laden down with 14 rounds of remington 3" 00 buck waiting for the call to duty.

The other semi queen of mine is my JC Higgins .22. These guns get a day of shooting about once a year and then make way for the Bereta Pintail and the Ruger 10/22.

When I first aquired these guns I shot them as often as I could find time and money to do it but as the other guns came online their usage has subsided to almost zero.

My wife received a S&amp;W Ladysmith .38 stainless revolver from her loving husband for her 21st birthday and soon discovered that cute guns are sometimes quite snappy. She soon found that she liked shooting my .45 acp better and at some point bought herself a colt mustang .380 as a matching ensemble to her concealed weapons permit. Thus the ladysmith sees no action what so ever.

If anyone is interested in buying it there are a number of goodies that go with it like holsters and grips and the original hard sided case. It is rated for +P loads and has less than 200 rounds through it (mostly from me).

When I was young I was not any smarter than I am today and I decided for a 4H project to raise an acre of cotton. The family decided that we might as well raise abut 20 acres of cotton if we were going to raise one. So after a long summer of chopping and hoeing and picking cotton the proceeds from my acre of cotton was enough for me to order a Stevens 311 side by side 410 out of the Sears and Roebucks catalog.

I went dove hunting this morning with a Rem 11-87 20 guage and got 7 doves. The 410 stayed home because I am no longer good enough to shoot doves with it. But I was happy knowing the very first gun I bought with my own money was safe at home.

yea I have a old remington 870 express that hasn't moved in 4 years. I got a super black eagle 4 years ago and never looked back.

Also my muzzeloader is a safe queen for all but 1 week of the year, mainly because I freaking hate muzzeloader hunting

take it easy
steve

I would admit it , but it just aint so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I have two rifles and one shotgun ......all see extended duty.
A 300 winmag built by Chris Matthews on a Rem action that I had been shooting for many moons. What a pleasure this rig is to shoot hv7 broughton bbl 28",A5 stock, Jewell trigger, 8.5x25x50 Leupold mk 4 TMR reticle on Badger 20 moa base,Badger rings and all the requisite bedding /truing . A true quarter moa rifle.
Rifle #2 is a Browning /Sako Safari grade .243 that started out life as a pencil bbl about 30 years ago. GA Precision installed a 26" Schneider 7.5 twist and just for fun made it a .243 AI. Pillar bedded beauty it is ! Also a true quarter moa rifle .

It is hard for me to decide which one to take out each time I go to shoot / hunt .......so a lot of times I just take both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Finally the shot gun , it's a Benelli super black eagle that I use for duck , goose , pheasant .Marvelous gun that I have never had a moments problem with .

At one time I had a gun cabinet full of various Brownings , both rifle and shotgun ,high dollar .22's of various makes , big bore hand guns ,mostly Smith and Wesson, some Ruger. Then came the epiphany, "I only used the ones that were accurate", so , here I am ,two gun Jim( excluding the shotgun).

Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.