A MAN TOOK HIS SON ON A HUNTING TRIP!

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
One day, a man took his son on a hunting trip to Silver Mountain for his sixteenth birthday like his father took him and like his grandfather took his father. As they arrived though, they saw signs everywhere that said "Private property. No hunting."

The dad was upset since it was the end of a family tradition and they drove for hours just to get there. He decided to find the owners and see if they would make an exception.

After they found a small farm, the dad figured it was the place, so he told his son to wait at the top of the hill while he went to talk to the owners. The farmer and his wife let him in and he explained the situation to them.

"Well, we get a lot of stories like this and we usually say no," said the farmer, "However, my wife and I are willing to make an exception just this once. But you have to do something for us first. We raised this cow since it was a calf for its meat, but we don't have the heart to kill it. If you kill the cow for us, we'll let you hunt."

The dad was beside himself. He thanked the couple and told them it would be done. As he went to tell his son the good news, he got the idea to play a prank on him. When he reached the top of the hill, he pretended to be furious.

"They said no! Can you believe it? You know what? Screw them. I'm gonna go kill their cow and then we're still gonna hunt."

So the man went and shot the cow, but then he heard two more gunshots in the distance. Suddenly, his son ran around the corner.

"Dad, let's get out of here! I killed the dog and the cat too!"