A Good Coating Choice??

Frank7mm

I have a rem 700. It is blued and I am looking for a coating that will give it a stainless look and be durable. I prefer stainless but being a lefty and on a buget not alot of choices. If possible I'd like to coat it inside and out. If anyone has tried ceracote or epoxy coating any input welcome>

NP3 is great stuff unless your on a budget.

Dura-coate is pretty durable when properly installed , then Gun-kote followed by Ceracoat which is supposed to be **** near bomb proof.

Brownells Alumahyde II is actualy very durable considering is comming from a spray can and it comes in the colors you want. , for about $12 a can its worth a shot. Make sure that the metal is prepped realy well and spray it in a controled enviroment like a shed or garage to keep dust and bugs from it but !! USE VENILATION !! use several thin coats and when done LEAVE IT ALONE for a week. Some guys get to monkeying with the gun the next day and ding the paint up , it take so week or so to cure.

I've had the same results from Alumahyde in the matte black. Like James said, leave it alone for about a week. And if you get it too thick when spraying, it will run. Probably better coatings are out there, but nothing I know of that's this easy.

Tom

I have a rem 700. It is blued and I am looking for a coating that will give it a stainless look and be durable. I prefer stainless but being a lefty and on a buget not alot of choices. If possible I'd like to coat it inside and out. If anyone has tried ceracote or epoxy coating any input welcome>

I did mine with Robar NP3. Excellent service from them.

Nothing is more durable!

NOTHING is more durable, in my opinion, than hard matte chrome. i had a predator rifle action done with this finish over 10 years ago. it looks NEW to this day. you cant scratch, mar, or discolor this stuff! try it, you WILL NOT be dissappointed.

chuck

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.