• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

A basic comparison of German cartridge brass

wildcat westerner

Hello,

In my attempts to locate 9.3x64 cases, I have discovered that RWS 9.3x64 is NOT a proprietary cartridge and that Hueltsen and Brenneke also make these cartridge cases. Has there ever been an objective comparison of these three manufacturers?
In 2000 I was given some RWS 9.3x64 cases and found that with their large size, four of them would fit in a Savage magazine, Along with Pacifics' help I designed a cartridge based on this case, necked to 30 caliber that with that tough RWS brass achieved 300 Weatherby published ballistics with the newer Retumbo powder, Those cases lasted this long, but now need to be replaced. As most know dealing with retail outlets who have RWS components can be a total frustration and nowadays nobody has got cartridge cases. So, I am searching for Brenneke or Hueltsen and also trying to evaluate their quality. No cases I ever dealt with could stand the pressures I loaded those RWS cases to, and kept their primer pockets tight.

Any insights as to availability of these cases would be deeply appreciated and if you know of fired cases that are available, please let me know.

WW