88 grain hammer or 105 Berger?

Ah man, I thought you'd be faster on the HH for some reason. With a 20mph crosswind, 7 inches of difference at 500 and 2 inches of difference at 300 with the advantage going to the Bergers.

Shoot them sxs in the wind and see what the diff in the wind hold actually is. Don't trust the app without verifying.

Lightweight Hammers seem to lose velocity fast. (probable true of lightweight non-Hammers as well) I was flying the 85gr 6.5 Hammers at 3,700fps but a quick look at a ballistic table told me that they weren't holding velocity very well, even at 100yds. However, some say that impact velocity is irrelevant with Hammers providing that you exceed the 1,800 fps on impact.

Terminal performance with Hammers has been impressive in my limited experience.
How much speed are you losing? I just ran some numbers last night and my Creed running the 85g Hammer Hunter at 3540 fps impacts at 150y with a vel of 3120 fps.

How much speed are you losing? I just ran some numbers last night and my Creed running the 85g Hammer Hunter at 3540 fps impacts at 150y with a vel of 3120 fps.
I'm away hunting at the moment but IIRC the velocity lost about 350 FPS in the first 100yds when it had a muzzle velocity of 3,700 FPS. I've verified that MV several times from my 26" bbl so it is possible from a Creedmoor.

BTW - I "Hammered" a whitetail last night at lasered 501yds. The 124 H did the job. 👍

I would definitely shoot them both, just because i'm kinda anal like that 😅 Curiosity has definitely cost me a lot of hours & money but, it's always better to verify. Those Hammers might surprise the crap out of you, or not....

Only one way to find out.

t

I'm away hunting at the moment but IIRC the velocity lost about 350 FPS in the first 100yds when it had a muzzle velocity of 3,700 FPS. I've verified that MV several times from my 26" bbl so it is possible from a Creedmoor.

BTW - I "Hammered" a whitetail last night at lasered 501yds. The 124 H did the job. 👍
I just ran at 3000 ft elev and get 300 fps loss in the first 100y. So in line with your numbers.

The big eye opener is how much vel a bullet loses in 15' to a Chrono!