800 yard target camera set up

very good shooting for sure.
the terrain pretty much mandates that type of set up.
the flat landscape and high grass would make any other type of observation almost impossible.
an observer with a spotting scope would have problems there.
youve obviously found a great way to offset all that.

I do like this system it works well. I have another system being delivered Monday from Targetteck and I will compare the 2 systems and post another video. Ross

If I'm understanding your set up...the camera is very near the target and transmits image back 800 yards to you...pretty cool as was your shooting. Thanks for sharing.

That is correct the camera and transmitter are at the target and the receiver is back at your bench. This system works very well even at 1250 yards. It is great for lazy guys like me that don't want to walk to the target to see your hits. It also makes it easy to see what adjustments you need to make to your scope at different yard settings. My drop charts are all right on the money. Ross

Forrest Foster sells his system without a camera and monitor for $520.00
Targetteck sells a complete system with camera and monitor for about $500.00 I will have one of the targetteck systems Monday and I will try it and post a video. Ross

Wow, I thought it was going to be in the thousands of dollars. I might have to look into getting one of those in the not to distant future. Thanks for responding.

This seems like a nice system. I have a new camera and a laptop. It seems that a person can buy the transmitter, reciever and battery pack and be all set. I shoot at a 1k range East of Denver. We are only allowed to shoot at paper targets at that distance. A wireless camera would be perfect when shooting alone. Saves a lot of driving time back and forth.
I also shoot steel out past 1k. The camera would come in handy there as well. Thanks for the info, just another gadget for the arsenal :rolleyes:

Just another gadget for the arsenal. Seems pretty worthwhile and useful but, man ain't that the truth. The more I see the more I accumulate.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts