800 yard mule deer heart shot

Thank you for sharing. I commend you for this selfless act of kindness. This is what real friends are all about. My Coues Whitetail hunting partner has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. He was unable to hunt the current season but we are planning to get him out in the 2021 season. We have access to a place that should produce an opportunity without the typical long hike in and out. Your video will definitely give him a boost and inspiration.
God bless both of you.

What's up everyone! Thanks for checking out our video. I wanted to begin this with a little background information as I know this will be a little controversial because of the distance of the shot. I want to start off by mentioning that our friend Nolan was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis earlier this year. For those of you who are not familiar, MS is a disease that effects the central nervous system causing a variety of symptoms including Double vision, muscle weakness, trouble with sensation, and trouble with coordination. Due to this debilitating disease Nolan, who is an avid outdoorsman and hunter has had to rethink the way he can hunt. When I found out Nolan had enough priority to draw for an antlered mule deer in my area I knew I had the perfect spot for him to have an opportunity at his first mule deer, but I also knew this spot could potentially only present a shot that would exceed any shot the average hunter would ever consider taking. After talking to Nolan about the potential to to seal the deal on his first Mule deer buck he jumped at the opportunity, applied for his draw and was successful in drawing a tag. After drawing the antlered mule deer tag we knew (replace with then )we needed to get to work and spent countless hours shooting out to 1000 meters with my semi custom 300RUM with hand loaded 220gr Hornady ELD-X bullets, and my gunworks br2500 rangefinder programmed for my custom loads. After many many rounds I was confident he could make an ethical shot at an outrageous distance if the opportunity presented itself. With all this being said I hope you enjoy the video and I hope anyone out there who doesn't think they can do something because of circumstances beyond their control gains some kind of motivation or hope from this video. Without further ado check it out!

Wishing the best to Nolan. Encourage and facilitate him to live life to the fullest every day in spite of the MS challenge. Kudos to you for being part of his support team in assisting him. Support and encouragement are as important as the treatments to MS battle success. Not here yet, but hoping for a cure. My family is very familiar with MS. Cousin was diagnosed at age 21 on July 8, 1971, the day before he was to be my best man in my wedding. He ran a successful dump truck hauling and hot shot freight delivery business for years in spite of the MS challenges. Many hunting successes and great memories made with him, even after we had to hoist and strap him into his deer stand as MS took it's toll. Fought courageously every day until he passed with MS complications in June, 2017 at 68. Also, my 48 year old daughter-in-law celebrated her 20th anniversary with MS two weeks ago yesterday by running the New York City Marathon....yeah, 26.2 miles......raising over $10,000 in pledges for MS research. She ran alone in her home town with GPS app confirmation, as traditional en mass event in NYC was reformatted due to COVID this year. Well, she was not really alone as friends and family hopscotched the whole route with colorful banners and signs, obnoxiously loud cowbells, hydration and nourishment aids, and encouragement. Her finish line was under The St. Louis Gateway to the West Memorial Arch on Mississippi River Front with banner, balloon corridor, and ribbon to break. YEAH, I'M PROUD OF HER!!!! Sorry, dad-in-law moment. She has been extremely fortunate in getting continuing newest medications, and has been virtually symptom free the whole time. But, we can never be sure of what next week or next year may bring. She and my son live in the now every day appreciating every day and every heartbeat.....as we all should. Congratulations on the successful hunt, and best wishes to Nolan. And, again, kudos to you for supporting a MS fighter.

Last edited:
What's up everyone! Thanks for checking out our video. I wanted to begin this with a little background information as I know this will be a little controversial because of the distance of the shot. I want to start off by mentioning that our friend Nolan was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis earlier this year. For those of you who are not familiar, MS is a disease that effects the central nervous system causing a variety of symptoms including Double vision, muscle weakness, trouble with sensation, and trouble with coordination. Due to this debilitating disease Nolan, who is an avid outdoorsman and hunter has had to rethink the way he can hunt. When I found out Nolan had enough priority to draw for an antlered mule deer in my area I knew I had the perfect spot for him to have an opportunity at his first mule deer, but I also knew this spot could potentially only present a shot that would exceed any shot the average hunter would ever consider taking. After talking to Nolan about the potential to to seal the deal on his first Mule deer buck he jumped at the opportunity, applied for his draw and was successful in drawing a tag. After drawing the antlered mule deer tag we knew (replace with then )we needed to get to work and spent countless hours shooting out to 1000 meters with my semi custom 300RUM with hand loaded 220gr Hornady ELD-X bullets, and my gunworks br2500 rangefinder programmed for my custom loads. After many many rounds I was confident he could make an ethical shot at an outrageous distance if the opportunity presented itself. With all this being said I hope you enjoy the video and I hope anyone out there who doesn't think they can do something because of circumstances beyond their control gains some kind of motivation or hope from this video. Without further ado check it out!

Fantastic story! I echo the sentiments of others applauding this effort and amazing experience. I wanted to share this #lostbookofremedies ...I am not affiliated with Nicole in any way, just know her and her story. She is an MS survivor and can really help others with this disease improve their quality of life. The book has great information on many uses of plants for better health. I was skeptical at first, but ordered the book after having a heart attack this summer and realizing we can all do more to take care of ourselves. Her story of what she has overcome after her MS diagnosis and how she has done this is truly inspirational and may help others with MS.

best And good hunting

dw

Congrats to your friend on a nice muley the smile on his face says it all. Kudos to you sir

It's absolutely commendable what you did to give a memory to someone who needs someone like you in their life to experience one of the great things in life that make indelible memories. He will reenact the memory of this hunt over and over again for the rest of his life. The world needs more people like you to help those who are handicapped and love hunting, fishing or other outdoor activities that only someone like you can give them. I helped many disabled hunters in the past until I became one myself. My favorite memories are the smiles and enjoyment I saw on their faces.

Way to serve people and keep our life style. Well done Sir.

He was pretty emotional when I located the buck and he got to put hands on it. He never thought he would have the opportunity to hunt again with his declining health. With a 4 year wait for a mule deer tag in Area, who knows what will happen in the future.