8 powers with a tripod

dnb86

Anyone out there using 8 power binoculars with a tripod? Got 10s now but attracted to the FOV of the 8s. And fwiw I'm using the Nl pures

Anyone out there using 8 power binoculars with a tripod? Got 10s now but attracted to the FOV of the 8s. And fwiw I'm using the Nl pures
I've used 8x for many years for quick scanning but always find myself wishing for 10-12x if/when I see something really interesting, so I generally switch to the scope.

I've used 8x for many years for quick scanning but always find myself wishing for 10-12x if/when I see something really interesting, so I generally switch to the scope.
Now I also have 15s slcs so giving that fact I have those would you still be grabbing for the 10s or the 8s?

Now I also have 15s slcs so giving that fact I have those would you still be grabbing for the 10s or the 8s?
Under 200yds probably the eights. 200 and beyond I'm less worried about width of field and more concerned with magnification.

We use 8x quite a bit in heavy mesquite and in Africa for close work or just scanning a near hillside and move up from there.

In really big country where I live now, the 8x isn't a lot of help.