• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7x300 Wby Mag Savage Build WTT/WTS **SOLD**

kc0pph

Looking to trade a rifle I got off of the fourms here a while ago. Previous owner stated that it had 350 rounds through it and ive put maybe 30 rounds myself so total round count up to 380.

Here is his original description - The one change i wanted to add is i was able to shoot better than 1/2 MOA with it at 100 yards using my reloads and H&H brass. Rifle comes with brass some loaded rounds(if its legal to ship) (and my recipe) and 2 partial (mostly full) boxes of berger bullets.

I am looking for something in the high power 30 cal families (300 RUM, 30-378 ect.) or a decent scope.

Got a savage build I am putting up for trade. It is in a Mcmillan stock with the adjustable check piece we all know how pricey those can be. It is chambered in 7mm-300Weatherby with .190 freebore for the 180's barrel is straight 1.35 and 29.25" long. Action is savage long action with custom bolt handle. and it has an EGW 20MOA base on it. I bought this off of a good friend of mine and he bought it over a year ago he never fired it but this is what he was told:
200 rounds on the barrel and good performance with 180's
What I know:
I put 150 rounds through it. I fire formed 100 pieces of remington 300H&H brass through this gun with 168 berger hunting VLD's that I had with 70 grains of reloader 22. It shot under 1/2" @ 100 going 3070 fps like that which really gave me good feelings about it. After I annealled the first 50 pieces and started some load development with 180 hybrids and honestly didn't get any of them to do better than 3/4" @ 100 that was with reloader 22 which isn't the best for this setup but I figured why not try it. Long story short I put 150 rounds through it.
so 350 is what I assume it has. I bought it cuz it looked so neet and don't really have a need for it so I would like to trade for something else. I don't know what yet cuz I like all kinds of stuff so if you have an offer shoot me a message.
comes with 99 pieces of brass and RCBS dies

Original thread is here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/savage-build-wtt-89724/

8010d1397872940t-savage-build-wtt-green-1.jpg

8011d1397872940t-savage-build-wtt-green-2.jpg

8012d1397872940t-savage-build-wtt-green-3.jpg

8013d1397872940t-savage-build-wtt-green-4.jpg

Re: Savage Build WTT

EDIT:

The small text is the original listing that i bought from.

I have not shot this rifle much and have put my good scope on a different rifle. This rifle has a cheapo scope on it currently that is not worth the effort to ship it.

Re: Savage Build WTT

EDIT:

If someone is looking to buy i believe a fair price is $1150 shipped to your FFL

Re: 7x300 Wby Mag Savage Build WTT/WTS

I was the previous owner. I think at that price this would make anyone a really nice piece. Gun has real promise to be a true long range hammer.

Willing to trade for any supermag 30 or 338 cal rifle. or selling $1125 shipped to your FFL.

Rifle comes with 2 boxes (almost full) of berger bullets (168gn and 180gn) and over 100 pieces of brass and reloading dies.

Would also consider parts for a new rifle (barreled actions, stocks, scopes ect.)

As previous owner stated rifle will make a really nice piece.

Would like to move this rifle and move into a 30cal soon if there are any takers.

Had it listed on Armslist and a guy bit.
Traded to a guy in Denver area and completed the transfer at a local FFL today.

Been a while since ive done any firearm transfers in Colorado. Guess in July 2013 they changed the law -- even private to private has to go through an FFL..

If anyone needs a cheap FFL in the Colorado Springs, CO area look up James Morris of JEMCO (719-434-7332) -- gave a great price and has a nice place and wife!