7WSM Striker build complete

tyler.woodard04

I posted this on some other forums and forgot this one.

this is my almost finished (barreled action needs coated with duracoat, gunkote ext) large shank striker chambered in 7WSM. barrel is a standard target 9 twist Krieger. muscle brake, SSS recoil lug and XLR industries chassis using accurate-mags

WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper.jpg

Can a guy Build a "Striker" on that XLR chassis with a regular SA Savage or is there something different about the pistol receiver?

Can a guy Build a "Striker" on that XLR chassis with a regular SA Savage or is there something different about the pistol receiver?

well if your barrel is over 16" and the overall length is 26.5" ( think those are the numbers do not quote me) then a rifle action is still a rifle, so yes. but that rifle action in that stock does not make said action a pistol and rifle rules and regs still apply. in my area we can not use rifles. this is legal because it is a pistol and has a barrel less than 16"

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.