7wsm and 162 amax

OKbow87

Just wondering if anybody has any data for this combo. I have searched a couple different forums and found some stuff, but was just wondering if anybody had anything they haven't posted before or didn't mind posting again. My gun will be done soon so I am trying to gather as much data as possible. The gun is a surgeon wsm short action with surgeon wsm bottom metal and a 26" krieger mtu contour. Thanks in advance for your help.

Colin

I know of a few that love 64 grains of 4831sc and 162 A-max......I just haven't got around to trying it yet.

I'll be testing them in the next week or so and will post my results. I also have a 26" barrel.

h4831sc 65grs. with fed match mag primer or 65 RL-22 worked for me very well when I shot 162 amaxes. I now use 69grs. of RL-22 with a 168 berger in my new 7wsm match. I haven't played with any other powders because I have alot of RL-22.

Brent

What kind of velocity did you get with 65gr of 4831sc, and what length barrel?

Rockz - Ill be looking forward to seeing what you post. Have you been able to find any of the bullets lately?

I got lucky and picked up a box. I have some on backorder with Cabelas as well.
I'm using H1000 and hope to shoot some this week,

Max load of H1000 with GM215M, win brass, 8.5 moa to 500yd, 25.5 moa to 1020, 29 inch barrel. 9.5 twist.
The 162's have been more accurate in my rifle than 175smk or 180 Bergers. About 1600 rounds thru it, still got a doe at 700 with it last year.

Shummy

162 amax, rl22, gm215m, neck turned win brass, 3150fps, is the best combo i have found for the ga precison 7wsm. Tried h4831sc and a host of others, 168 bergers and smk shot good, but the aforementioned combo grouped the best with good velocity. The ga precision likes the same load with the 162 sst just as well. Sometimes i think it even likes the sst better.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.