7saum Mile shot

Wild Rose;

I think my "build" will be a better gun when it is finished than your suggestion??

A harder-hitting, faster, longer range, and a all around better rifle??

Knapper

Wild Rose;

I think my "build" will be a better gun when it is finished than your suggestion??

A harder-hitting, faster, longer range, and a all around better rifle??

Knapper
I don't know how you arrive at that but I wish you all the luck in the world.

STW Case volume 97gr H20

7mm-300wm case volume=85.5gr.

You will be gaining about 100-150fps over the 7 Rem and well under the STW.

If you get things set up just right you'll be very close to the STW but not exceeding it's performance.

Will will be most likely running neck and neck with the 7mm Dakota which isn't a bad round either.

There are however a lot of us who are flat addicted to the STW.

Wild Rose;

I may, MAY, (Grin) Have stuck my foot in my mouth.. I am not going to admit I am wrong? I have trouble even spelling Wrong, rong, wore, wor'g (grin)

I am going to wait until I get mine completed before I admit to that nasty word. So we shall see.. I did look up the STW and was surprised at the many variations of the caliber that was available as well as the popularity.. also; I was surprised to learn that you can put about 10 grains more powder into yours??

Knapper

Skyking;

I have been working on a "Build" for the last 5 Months and I am looking for a few pointers..

Have taken a Winchester 300 Mag with a 24 inch barrel, in a Model 110 FCP
Savage. and in about 3 weeks I will get a new Barrel from "Criterion", 30 inch
7MM that is going into it.. Making a 7MM 300 Win Mag.

My hope is to make the mile shots with consistency??

My question is this;; Has any one got some suggestions on a load for my
New toy???

Knapper

Sweet! I have a 7/300 that I have started shooting as well. I use Retumbo to push the Berger Hybrid at 3150fps. Here is some more info for you.
7-300 Win Bighorn Action

7mm Practical

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/anyone-own-7mm-300-win-mag-51404/

Here is some more of the 7saum out to 1100 yards for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky King;

I will give that Retumbo a try when I get my rifle completed..

Thank you

Dallas

I will be useing the Berger, VLD, 7MM, 180 grain bullets and start out with a WAG of 65 grains of the Retundo???

Wild Rose;

I may, MAY, (Grin) Have stuck my foot in my mouth.. I am not going to admit I am wrong? I have trouble even spelling Wrong, rong, wore, wor'g (grin)

I am going to wait until I get mine completed before I admit to that nasty word. So we shall see.. I did look up the STW and was surprised at the many variations of the caliber that was available as well as the popularity.. also; I was surprised to learn that you can put about 10 grains more powder into yours??

Knapper
Before you spend a bunch of money, I'd encourage you to visit our 7mm STW Forum.

There's a reason why it has such a dedicated following.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f126/

I have looked and looked some more. WildRose knows he's stuff, I never doubt he's analogies they are truthful and unbiased. If you can't see the hits it might be time for some readers or some hearing enhancement. $.02

Reuben

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.