7saum build

Nuube

I'm planning to build a semi light weight, shorter, very manageable 7saum on a tikka t3x action. This rifle will be for mostly hunting 0-800yds and 1000+ for paper/steel. Barrel length will be 18-20" carbon fiber with a suppressor. Want to shoot 160-180gr bullets. My question is what powder and bullet combo would give me the best terminal ballistics for that hunting range with 18" barrel? Do I need a faster burning powder for the shorter barrel? What is the ideal freebore for these bullets to maximize barrel life, although performance is more important to me than barrel life. Would like to use the components that I have but am not afraid to try others. All input is welcome but don't really want someone to tell me I need a 26" barrel, im not carrying a javelin thru the woods, or suggest a different caliber. My heart is set on this configuration. Here are a list of components that I have.
H4350
H1000
Imr4350
Retumbo
168 vld hunting
162 eldm

I'd like to try:
180 Berger hybrid
180 ELDM

Thanks All for the help!

Oh and if anyone has any ADG or Norma 7saum brass they would like to sell or trade. I'd be happy to buy 100 pieces. Thanks again

Congrats on the build. I would recommend that you go with the 20" barrel length and with 180 grain bullets, you should be fine with a twist rate of 8 to 8.25 with no issue at all.
From a components perspective, go with what the rifle likes. Run ladders with the H1000 and perhaps the H4350 but IMO the Retumbo might be a bit on the slow side.

Kinda what I thought with the powders. What would you suggest for the freebore? Thanks for your help!

Recent Posts