• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7RSAUM on a Surgeon, all dies, brass, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiredude

I have this advertised on another forum and I guess I was a little naive, as I thought it would be gone well before a week's time. This thing is a shooter and would make someone a great hunting rig. It has become a safe queen as I haven't put but a few rounds on heer this year. My 2 best kills were a whitetail at 809 yds and a mulie at 748 yds. Numerous critters in the 400-600 yd range and even a couple out to the 950 range. These were on the previous barrel, I've barely shot it with this new chamber job. I've aired it out to 1000 and she'll shoot, ran her to the one mile mark a couple times as well, very impressed.
I did my normal 'Break In" and load development and there is exactly 171 rounds on this barrel with the 168's only, and she likes them.
I got a little over 2200 rounds on the first barrel shooting the 180's exclusively.

$3500 for all of this is a steal if you add it all up.
Let me know if you have any questions, need any info, or want to see any more pics.

Surgeon RLR action
Surgeon DBM with two 5 rd AI mags
McMillan A5, adj cheek peice, bipod swivel up front, 2 flush cups on left side
Kreiger 9 twist, medium palma, 24" to crown, 25 1/2" to brake
Jewell trigger
5/8x24 threads, I think it is a muscle brake but cant remember, I mostly shot it with a can
Jon Beanland chambered it for me and it loves the 168's. Also included:
Dave Kiff PTG reamer that has chambered 2 barrels.
Redding Competition Bushing die set (Competition seater, bushing neck die, body die)and an additional non bushing neck die.
Approximately 300 peices brass, I need to count it. About 200 norma, and 100 remmy. all less than 3 firings. The Norma just has 1 firing.
This rifle weighs in at 14 lbs scope, bipod, & empty mag.
IF someone also wanted to throw the scope in, it is a Premier Heritage 5-25 with the Gen II XR, I will not sell it without selling the rifle 1st.
Package deal is $6600, no bipod.
I aslo have a Bartlein 9 twist blank that I could throw in to the buyer for a little extra cash. I forget the contour, I'd have to dig it out and look at it.

Rifle, reamer, dies, brass = $3500 to lower 48.
We'll split shipping and figure something out on a case. (I have a couple, but want them back)
only a few items that I may be interested in doing some swapping on:
Surgeon or Bighorn short action
Vectronix
Maybe some night vision

A few pics:
View attachment 24301
View attachment 24302
View attachment 24303
View attachment 24304
and an 809 yd whitetail taken with this kit
View attachment 24305

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg
DSC_0566.jpg

Not sure what's up with the pictures in my original post? Let me know if anyone would like to see more.

And yes, this is the 809 yd whitetail that was a pretty cool ordeal with this rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.