7mmstw

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by CA Buck HUnter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. CA Buck HUnter

CA Buck HUnter New Member

Good morning I shoot a 7 stw and I'm having problems with the load data that barns has given me on the 160gr tsx I'm shooting 80.5 gr h1000 with cci mag primers can any one give me a suggestion on any of there proven loads. I would appreciate it gun)

Thank You

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

For starters, welcome to LRH.com. The suggested load data in a manual is just that. It is suggested for the platform they used to test their loads. What you have to do now is take that load data and tweak it to fit your rifle. Even if you had the same rifle built by the same guy that built their test rifle, your load will vary. So I would suggest staying with the load charge, but start playing with OAL and changing up primers with your current load. A Winchester, Federal or Remington primer may or may not work better. Never hurts to give them a try.

Again Welcome,
    Tank

3. MrMajestic

MrMajestic Well-Known Member

Some load data here:RELOADING
    RL22 is my go to powder in my 28" 1in10" twist Douglas barreled 700. I also prefer the Federal GM215 primer. With my twist I don't migrate to the heavies and play mostly with the 140's. The 140 TSX in front of RL22 is my most accurate! Just FYI!

4. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

7828 was developed for the STW and works good I used H5010 in mine with great results
    but it it no longer made so i switched to.US869 and H50BMG and have been very happy.(Note
    these powders need a long barrel and the 7828 does well in a 26" tube.

I use the 140 Accubond for the longer shots on deer and the 160 accubond on Elk. Both loads are very flat and perform well at terminal distance.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. projp

projp Active Member

I've had good luck with Retumbo and the Barnes bullets

6. LewisH

LewisH Well-Known Member

Retumbo with 180gr Bergers is very popular. That's what I use in my Kirby Allen 7STW. Start with 77grs.

7. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Do not rule out Ramshot Magnum. It is also very temp stable and produces excellent velocities.