7mm wsm brass...when ?

Daveinjax

It's been a long time since there has been any 7mm wsm brass available through regular channels. Does anyone have an "in" at Winchester who can find out if any 7mm wsm brass is coming ? I purposely didn't run out and buy every last thing I could because I didn't want to add to the panic but I'm questioning that decision now. Really don't want to have to form from 300 wsm and it's not like there is tons of that around either. Getting frustrated !

That's f'n wonderful :( I leave for Montana to hunt elk the 18th of October. I'm down to 47 pieces of 3x fired brass and a newly barreled rifle. I'll make due but this shortage has been ridiculous. I sure wish Lapua would crank some out.

daveinjax

I feel your pain. Winchester is still the ONLY manufacturer. Love the cartridge though so I will form my own brass if it comes to that. What with the shortage of 180 Bergers I'm not so sure that just getting the brass will be enough as I'm running a tad low on those too!

It's all crazy. I'm in a Winchester short action so I'm running 168gr berger classics. I have five boxes so I sure hope the new barrel likes them.

Btw , I was reading the Litz article thread and he mentioned that they were shooting for October for a new 338. I hope that means they are catching up.

All I see is this:

"No news on the 230 Hunting Hybrid, or any other new bullets for that matter. We're just doing our best to produce the existing bullets. When the demand backs off and we catch up a little, there are a number of new bullet projects which will move forward."

That explains it - we are talking about two different threads. There are only 3 pages worth so far on the thread that he put up today and since he put it up today, I'd go by the quote I referenced. They are not caught up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.