7mm WSM and N550 and 560

CraigB

Does anybody have any data for the VV powders. I'm planning on building a 7WSM with a 28" heavy barrel. I chose the 168SMK and 162Amax as a start, but would like to shoot some 120Vmax's for groundhogs. I have heard good things about the VV powders, but I can't find any data for 550 or 560. When trying to gauge the approximate charges based on powder burn rates, it just seems a little off, especially when you compare N160 and N560, which supposedly have the same burn rate.

Craig , I shoot the VV-550 in my 308's with great results , super accurate and gives realy good velocity.

Their has been so test done that stste that the 500 series powders burn alot hotter and cause barrel wear faster , so that may be a consideration.
I don't have any data for your particular caliber but the entire line of VV powders are great. I think that the 550 would probably be a little fast even for the 120's in the 7WSM but I could be wrong.

ALG
I took a look at the VV load data previously, but could not find any data for the 7WSM. I guess I could use listed powders with a similar burn rate, then sub the 550 or 560 and work my way up slowly, but I've never attempted this before. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts