7mm stw

Sleepy Time

My dad is thinking about ordering a 7mm STW. I have not experiance with the round and was wondering how it compared to other 7mm rounds. Anyone got any input?

I like the STW, will do anything the 7Mag will and more. Easily fits into Rem 700 LA mag box. With a quality bbl. that has been properly fitted and then properly fitted and bedded into a quality stock should make an excellent long range rig, as long as the 'driver' is up to it!

IMO the best 7mm out there not wildcated. flat and fast, and great ballistically for the recoil it has.

The 7mm STW is the best 7mm round on the market. It significantly outperforms the 7mm remington. The STW is a true magnum 7mm and the most powerful 7mm available before you get into severe barrel burners. It is extremely accurate and the best long range choice in a commercial cartridge if 7mm is your caliber. If you reload the 7mm Dakota is also right in there however brass and dies are expensive therefore I like the 7mm STW. The Dakota gives nearly the same numbers in a shorter cartridge that allows for seating bullets out longer and still feed through the magazine. I have six 7mm STW's. They are an excellent choice in 7mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.