7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Nice elk!!! Where is he from ???

I went shooting at 445 this morning. 91 degrees. She shot well for the first shot after cleaning. Next 2 were flyers. All about an inch but I'm not happy. I hope it's the new barrel. Gonna try to reload some. 168s over retumbo and 25. Maybe 33. I think my 29 inch barrel should burn it ok. What do you veteran stw shooters think ????

Happy. 4th all

Mario

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/marioq55/STWontruck_zpsb111fa24.jpg

Took the cheek rest off... Didnt like it... It was how I got the stock...

Mario, I think you need to pack it up, and ship it to me, and I'll do the RD work for. Then one day, after I slaughter deer, and ELK, MAYBE, I'll send it back to you!:D
Again, that thing looks wicked!!!!
As far as the load, give it , anymore importantly YOU some time to break in, and acclimate . You are on the right approach, and just let the rifle tell you what it wants to shoot, and don't narrow your field of options either. Time and time again, I have TRIED to decide what I WANT a rifle to shoot, and it always ends up, that I try something, a little different, and it abbots like a house on fire. That, just happened to me with my 280 . I simply just tried a bullet, that I was only just a little curious about, and it consistently shoots them into a hole now. Funny things happen, but they always happen when you are at " wits end " , trying to get something else to shoot.
Dude, that thing is BADASS!!!!!!

Mario, I think you need to pack it up, and ship it to me, and I'll do the RD work for. Then one day, after I slaughter deer, and ELK, MAYBE, I'll send it back to you!:D
Again, that thing looks wicked!!!!
As far as the load, give it , anymore importantly YOU some time to break in, and acclimate . You are on the right approach, and just let the rifle tell you what it wants to shoot, and don't narrow your field of options either. Time and time again, I have TRIED to decide what I WANT a rifle to shoot, and it always ends up, that I try something, a little different, and it abbots like a house on fire. That, just happened to me with my 280 . I simply just tried a bullet, that I was only just a little curious about, and it consistently shoots them into a hole now. Funny things happen, but they always happen when you are at " wits end " , trying to get something else to shoot.
Dude, that thing is BADASS!!!!!!

Thank you for all your help!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I figured it was appropriate to post here, because that bull was the first game animal that the STW got to feast on!

marioq--Late season area 11 bull, east of Ely, NV. And that is a sweet lookin STW!!!

Great!!!! I live in henderson. I have a early cow in 231 area. August 1-24. Bow only so I hope it works. But I have 2 other hunts that I plan to bring the Stw on if I can get her shooting well!!!
Thanks the gun kicks less than my 270. It is sweet!!!!

Guys, I'm talking with a new 'smith in the area about putting a new trigger in the stw. It's a rem 700 lh without a safety (I've got a three position winny style on the bolt). Any thoughts as to make of trigger and what costs I should incur?? I'm an aftermarket trigger virgin....

Guys, I'm talking with a new 'smith in the area about putting a new trigger in the stw. It's a rem 700 lh without a safety (I've got a three position winny style on the bolt). Any thoughts as to make of trigger and what costs I should incur?? I'm an aftermarket trigger virgin....

I am a fan of a well-tuned factory Rem trigger (model before X-Mark Pro). The factory Rem 40-X triggers are nice when tuned. Jewell, Timney, or Shilen will all be good optons. Jewell's are my favorite aftermarket triggers.

What's a rough $ amount guys?

I'll see if he works with Timney... I just don't like the modded trigger that's in the rifle.... I've tuned it and I still don't like it.

Although I have Timney, "tricked" factory 700 triggers and Jewells, I prefer the Jewell triggers myself. Most complaints you here on Jewell triggers result from lack of cleaning or improper cleaning by the user.

Recent Posts