7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

just wanted to send out a message to all the "brothers" and wish everyone a merry christmas, and a wonderful new year. There are some lasting friendships here, that will survive this thread for sure. For most here, it has been a good year, but for us all, it has ended in a bad way. Bless all of those folks, and the children!!

Merry christmas to everyone, from me and mine..
7stw and family.
ditto!!!

Rem's have been very flaky in quality lately as 7stw and a few others have said; they don't give a **** about anything but the $ anymore. I've seen a few stellar ones and an equal number of crow- bars. Do you really want to drop a K $ or more on a rifle and scope to only be able to use it for tire changes??? I'd get a LA rem, win, etc. action and re-bore or rebarrel.

As far as my 7stw, I think I'll wait out the new nos lr a-bonds and get the 140'ish grain one going if I can; if I can't I'm gonig to work it over and call it. I'm tired of fiddling with bitchy rifles when a lot of them are taking no work and shooting 1/2moa off the shelf.

Sad news.

About 10 minutes from me, earlier today, this guy comes home kills his sister and sets the place on fire. Goes out and hides in the bushes and waits for the firemen to come, when they get there, opens fire, kills 2 wounds 2 and an off duty policeoffer trailing the firetruck gets shot too. ***... I live in a pretty nice suburb. The guy kills himself just before the police arrive. 7 nice homes burned to the ground in the proximity, luckily no one else insured. News so far, the guy beat his grandmother to death 30 years ago with a hammer, did 18 years as a felon, 10 years on parole and with no supervision about 2 years later gets a gun somewhere (FELONS CAN'T BUY OR HAVE THEM HERE IN NY.) The guy was probably pretty mentally ill. I feel terrible for the families, especially the first responders families. Were getting lots of people calling in from across the country which is a godsend but does it have to take this? We need to watch our families and neighborhoods guys.

Peace to us all.

Ed