7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Usually wideners, but hi-tech, pats, and a few others will sell you a keg for $100 or less shipped stateside. I had i5010 for a while, and it was great but slightly bulky(better in the 7 and 30 rum) and I have wc872 at present. I use mostly rl22 or rl25, but with 160 or 175's I go to slower powder.

What load do you use for the wc872 as a starter behind 160s

Hey guys I just bought my first 7mmSTW in a s/s ruger #1 I've been scanning through the 600+ pages of this forum so much great info on here only thing I haven't seen (probly just missed it) is some info on makeing brass I've been looking for some brass but all I can find is nosler brass 25 for $64 or I can buy loaded nosler ammo 20 for $62 which seams kinda strange to me but anyway it's pretty pricey for some brass Imo is the nosler brass really worth that premium?? I've read different places u can make STW brass from 375h&h,300h&h,300wyb and of corse 8mm rem so far I haven't found any 8mm brass in stock eather figured y'all would be the best to ask about makeing brass out of the others since they seem pretty plenty full I've never reformed brass so any pointers would be great

RugerNo1Hunter, welcome to the forum. You will find some great info on this board. As for looking for brass, you can watch this site for some and loaded ammo too. They get blems from Nosler, so the prices are a bit lower. I have used them, and I cannot see a difference in them. Most of what I have seen has been some discoloring of the brass.

Shooter's Pro Shop

As for forming brass from others, the 8mm and 375 hh are you best bets. There are a few writeups on that here. If I am correct for the 375 hh, you will need to have a 338 or 8mm sizer before the 7mm stw die.

For the Ruger, these were made for about 2 years. The barrel is a 1:9.5" twist. They can be a good shooter, as mine likes a 150gr load. The 140 gr Nosler Partion factory load was not to bad either. I am getting around 1" at 100 yards with mine.

For me, the two biggest problems have been the trigger and scope mounting. For the scope, I am using Ruger rings, with the rear as an offset one. This allows me to move the scope back some more. For the trigger, I have just been living with it for now.

Good reading.

Bill

Hey guys I just bought my first 7mmSTW in a s/s ruger #1 I've been scanning through the 600+ pages of this forum so much great info on here only thing I haven't seen (probly just missed it) is some info on makeing brass I've been looking for some brass but all I can find is nosler brass 25 for $64 or I can buy loaded nosler ammo 20 for $62 which seams kinda strange to me but anyway it's pretty pricey for some brass Imo is the nosler brass really worth that premium?? I've read different places u can make STW brass from 375h&h,300h&h,300wyb and of corse 8mm rem so far I haven't found any 8mm brass in stock eather figured y'all would be the best to ask about makeing brass out of the others since they seem pretty plenty full I've never reformed brass so any pointers would be great

To reform the 300 h&h or the weatherby brass you first need to neck it down using a 7stw die neck or full length sizing die then I use 10 grns of unique pistol powder and some cream of wheat to finish filling cartridge then cap off with a wax plug or I have read soap works well too then chamber and shoot. Hope this helps

My no 1 likes the lighter bullets 140 class but I got 168 Berger load with retumbo to shoot well. I had to relieve the forarm and shim the hanger I will be buying the hicks accurizer before I play with it more. Seems I can seat my bullets out pretty far before they engage the lands. They seem to be a good moa shooter but take some finding to shrink to .75 or less. Least for mine it did.

RugerNo1Hunter, welcome to the forum. You will find some great info on this board. As for looking for brass, you can watch this site for some and loaded ammo too. They get blems from Nosler, so the prices are a bit lower. I have used them, and I cannot see a difference in them. Most of what I have seen has been some discoloring of the brass.

Shooter's Pro Shop

As for forming brass from others, the 8mm and 375 hh are you best bets. There are a few writeups on that here. If I am correct for the 375 hh, you will need to have a 338 or 8mm sizer before the 7mm stw die.

For the Ruger, these were made for about 2 years. The barrel is a 1:9.5" twist. They can be a good shooter, as mine likes a 150gr load. The 140 gr Nosler Partion factory load was not to bad either. I am getting around 1" at 100 yards with mine.

For me, the two biggest problems have been the trigger and scope mounting. For the scope, I am using Ruger rings, with the rear as an offset one. This allows me to move the scope back some more. For the trigger, I have just been living with it for now.

Good reading.

Bill
Careful there, that's 8mm Rem Mag. All it requires is necking.

So 375h&h brass through a 8mm rem die then to a 7mm die will get good results any brand of brass better to use then others for this process and after sizing it down will I need to fire form it with a reduced load or will it be good as is
Thanks
Matt

You will need to fire form the shoulder with a light load of powder I use around 10 grains of unique pistol powder with cream of wheat and pluged off with a piece of wax

Hi all,

I am doing a build with on of Remington 7mm mag but getting it re-chambered to a 7mm STW (which is a something i have wanted for a long time). My question about this is would a standard 7mm rem mag magazine hold and feed the 7mm STW ammo?