7mm STW and 180 VLD Load

roadhunter

I just picked up a NIB Remington 700 SPS in 7mm STW. I'm wanting to load up some 180 VLD's and was wondering if anybody has good load and expected velocity. I was hoping to get close to 3000fps and was probably going to try H1000 or Retumbo.

Thanks,

Doug

I just picked up a NIB Remington 700 SPS in 7mm STW. I'm wanting to load up some 180 VLD's and was wondering if anybody has good load and expected velocity. I was hoping to get close to 3000fps and was probably going to try H1000 or Retumbo.

Thanks,

Doug

You have picked the right powders, and I believe your desired speed is attainable. I think RL 25 would be a fair powder tweedy as well. Pretty soon, RL 33 will be out. That may be TOOOOOOO slow, even for the 180. I don't know if anybody has load data yet for 180, as far as powder manufactures, but maybe you could e- mail Berger for load info. Have fun with the rifle, and visit " To Those Who Shoot the 7 mm STW" in the rifles, barrels and ballistics section. You might learn something. Entertaining too! Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.