7mm Savage 111 Upgrade Options...

Thanks for all the great advise. I have almost $1000 to spend. I am going to start reloading. I am thinking 250-300 on equipment. Another 500 on the Nikon monarch. Add new rings and base 150 and squeeze out another 100 for a Harris bipod.

I did put a slip on limb saver on it and it feels pretty good, haven't shot it yet.

Does that sound reasonable to get a start on a reasonably good single stage press set?

Thanks again,

Grubby

I may have missed you saying but if you are still running the plastic factory stock it won't be doing you any favors. They tend to flex a lot and that makes things very bad when you get a bipod involved. If I had a savage I wasn't going to rebarrel (normally buy them to rip apart) I'd upgrade trigger (if no accutrigger), stock, if recoil is bad a brake. Check out Witt Machine for a clamp on that seems to work pretty well. I just tried for the heck of it and it really isn't bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts