7mm SAUM load suggestions are welcomed!!

Dan B

Just got notice that my new Model 7 in 7mm SAUM will arrive Friday! Nice!! I already load for an APS built 7mm-270WSM XP-100 which really likes H4831SC with 162AM's and 160AB's. Since this will also be a moderate range weapon (100 to 600yds) I'd like to stay with those bullets.

What are some of you fellas feeding your 7mm SAUM's??

Dan

I run 60.5 grs of Re 22 under both the 162 AM and the 160 gr AB. This is over the books max load so use caution getting there, but it shoots great with no pressure signs. Runs just under 2950 out of a 27" tube.

Chris

ballistic twins?!

Hhmmm. That sounds like a twin to my .280AI w/ a 24" barrel. It gets 2950 w/ 168SMK's and 58gr R22. Did I just spend money on a gun that will match my .280AI? Sure sounds like it....oh well! I guess that's bound to happen with so many sticks in the woodshed! But for the price I could not pass it up!

Maybe I'll just drop back to 140's and let them rip!

Did I just spend money on a gun that will match my .280AI

I looked real close at both rounds before finally going with the SAUM, just seemed easier to not have to fireform the brass. Other than that it was a coin toss.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.