7mm SAUM 180 Hybrid Load......Build it like I say and it will shoot with this load!!!

Just fixing to get into the third firing. On second I did not still was fine. I'll let ya know after three. Understand I dedicate 150 brass to each rifle. That's 600 rounds to get through. Yep I'm still on new brass. I'm about 600 rounds fired on these four rifles.

Another delima……I'm running out of 180's. Got to slow my roll or find more.

Last edited:
I'm going to reiterate .......this load is ONLY! for a Defiance LA action and a Proof Research 8.4" Twist Factory Chambered Barrel. This is not for another action, a proof chambered by anyone else other than Proof. This is for their SAAMI chamber and their Freebore they use (Which is long). If use anyone else's chambered barrel you will need to develop the powder charge yourself for that chamber cut.

0.004" into lands. I've checked 4 different action/barrel setups and all but one are the same measure CBTO and the one that is off is only off by 0.001".

CBTO is 2.284" and COAL is 3.027".

For what ever reason Proof puts out their prefits cut themselves with a longer Freebore.

I just checked my Proof cut by Kelby and their FB is 0.038" shorter. So I will have to redo the powder charge some.