7mm rem mag bullet options

You do realize that every brand of brass has a different case capacity, which means it will reach pressures at different charge weights of powder, right? Loads are not simply interchangeable... Therefore I'd have to say the Nosler brass failure was on you.

You don't have to load-down to load Nosler brass, velocity is more relative to pressure, than to powder charge itself, so just because you use less powder to reach the same pressures, doens't mean it's necessarily going to be a slower load. Changing brass is just like changing powder, bullet weights, or primers, you have to work up a whole new load when you change any one of those things. If not, you're asking to potentially damage something, like you experienced.

Well some of this is true. I never could get the speeds or accuracy I get out of Remington or Win Brass. Those two sticks of brass work flawlessly for me in all of my calibers without having to re invent the wheel. The only reason for me to run Nosler would be if I couldnt get Remington or Winchester brass. It has proven to me in multiple calibers it cannot achieve the same performance.

Well some of this is true. I never could get the speeds or accuracy I get out of Remington or Win Brass. Those two sticks of brass work flawlessly for me in all of my calibers without having to re invent the wheel. The only reason for me to run Nosler would be if I couldnt get Remington or Winchester brass. It has proven to me in multiple calibers it cannot achieve the same performance.

Which part of it is not true... :cool:

I'm not sure what your elevation is, but if you are above 1000', our 155g Hammer Hunter is an exceptional bullet and will handle any big game animal on the North American continent. We ran this bullet in our 7 mag at 3450 fps from a 28" barrel last fall for elk and mule deer. You should be able to get about 3300 fps in your rifle. This would make your rifle an 800 yard contender for any big game you want to hunt.

Let me know if you have any questions or what we need to do to earn your business.

Steve

I have to make a correction to my post. I looked at the wrong data when I posted velocity from our 7 mag. We ran our 28'' barrel at 3275fps. So I would say that 3200fps would be a fair expectation from your factory barrel.

Sorry for the incorrect post. This had been eating at me, I knew something was wrong, and had to look it up again.

Steve

I guess maybe I worded it wrong. Here in lamens terms is that Nosler brass cannot achieve the same accuracy and speed as my rem and win brass in 4 of my guns.

Let's just remain friends and agree to disagree. No sense in arguing because neither of us will concede to the other's opinion on this matter.

Nosler inflated their BC's for advertising purposes. Bryan Litz has tested them and proven this to be true. That's why you won't hear a lot of mention of them on here.

Very good to know. Thank you for sharing. Makes a lot more sense now.

I just got done loading up 75 bullets, 25 Berger 180vld's, 25 Berger 168vld's and 25 Nosler 175 LRAB's, I have a couple kegs of Retumbo which has always worked well for me so I've loaded 5 different powder weights in .5gr increments to see if any yield worthy groups to test further! I also have 200 of the Hornady 162 eld-x and 100 of the 175 eld-x on order to try when they come in. All will be shot out of my 7rm Cooper with a 1:9 twist, 26" tube. I currently shoot the Berger 168 vld out of my Tikka 7mm with a 1:9.5 twist and a 24" tube, they shoot close to .5 moa out to 700yrds!

Thanks for sharing. I would be VERY interested in hearing about the results of your testing and how the LRAB and the ELD-X's do in comparison to the Bergers. I would love to find 0.5 MOA accuracy out of my rifle with any bullet! Thanks again and please let me know about your test results.

I have to make a correction to my post. I looked at the wrong data when I posted velocity from our 7 mag. We ran our 28'' barrel at 3275fps. So I would say that 3200fps would be a fair expectation from your factory barrel.

Sorry for the incorrect post. This had been eating at me, I knew something was wrong, and had to look it up again.

Steve
I almost puked a little when I read the original post:)
3450 will turn a 7RUM around.

Do you have bullet lengths listed on your site?

I almost puked a little when I read the original post:)
3450 will turn a 7RUM around.

Do you have bullet lengths listed on your site?

Lol. It ate at me for a while, could not figure out what it was, then it dawned on me.

Yes we have bullet lengths and recommended twist rate for 1.5 sg at sea level.

Steve

Thanks for sharing. I would be VERY interested in hearing about the results of your testing and how the LRAB and the ELD-X's do in comparison to the Bergers. I would love to find 0.5 MOA accuracy out of my rifle with any bullet! Thanks again and please let me know about your test results.

Full Curl, finally got to shoot my 15 different loads, did a sort of a ladder test being I shot bullet 1 from group one then bullet 1 from group 2 them bullet 1 from group 3 and so on through the 15 groups, all were 5 shot groups, several had good 4 out of 5 shot groups, but the one I'm stoked about is the first one on the Berger 180vld, that was 69gr of Retumbo loaded .004 off lands. all speeds were through my Oehler, Just got my Hornady 175 ELD-X's and I'm waiting for the 162 ELD-X's to get here, I'll try posting those results as well! IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

Thanks Rogmay! Very cool results. Those 180 VLD holes are impressive and I would be excited too. What range did you shoot these at? And what was the difference in powder weight between groups?

Yes, please post the ELD-X results as well. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.