7mm rem and 162grn amax

i am looking for a starting load for a 162grn amax in a 7mm rem mag using imr 4350 or re19 thanks

Looks like Hornadys 7th Edition shows IMR 4350 MAXIMUM to be 57.6 grs. for the 162 gr. Amax.
As you probably know start at least 10% below that and work your way up.
If that doesn't work out, you may want to give H-1000 or Retumbo a try.
Good luck on your load.

You may just what to call Hornady and ask them what powder seems to be the most accurate powder for your twist rate and the 162 amax. Might save you some time and money on buying powders that don't work.

i am looking for a starting load for a 162grn amax in a 7mm rem mag using imr 4350 or re19 thanks

IMHO, the 162' is a great bullet, and I can assure you it shoots well, BUT, I think that you powder choices are " OK" but not optimal. Just from my own experience, and a lot of other "7 " shooters here, you might be better served with H1000, or RL22. I can tell you that H1000 will send that bullet down the barrel PDQ, and without much pressure. There is load info for those powders, but they are not optimal. Those powders work well when I use140-150 gr. Bullets, but I want something slower when I get into 160 class bullets. Hope this helps, not hinders.lightbulb:) 7 STW.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.