7mm High BC Bullets

dakor

I am wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions on some bullets for my 7MM STW for long Range shooting and Hunting out to 1000K. I am looking for a bullet with a BC over .600 I would like the bullet to be in 160 grains to 175 grains range. Some one told me that the Hornady A-Max has a higher BC then Hornady claims. Does anyone know if this is true? My rifle has a 10 twist so I should be able to shoot most bullets.

The Berger 180gr VLD has aB.C. of.698 but requires a 1-9"twist barrel they also make a 168gr VLD with a B.C.of .648 that requires a 1-10"twist barrel. The Sierra 175grHPBT has B.C.of .608 that requires a 1-10"twist.
however from my experience Sierra tends to be a little more conservative on there B.C.'s than most other manufacturers so it is not as big a gap as you would think.
B

smile.gif
I shoot nearly 100% of the time paper or game 175 Sierra SPBT out of my STW wildcat. I moly coat my own bullets and it turns the points into needles. I never fill the mag. because it will just dent the bullets that you took so much time to load.

Budlight how have those 175 SPBT worked for you on game? I just tried some and man does my rifle like them at 100 yards they shoot 3 shots in the .3's and they are going 3067fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.