7mm/300 win mag

ssphunter

Good day
I havnt been here in a while and now I'm here with a question.
I have a 7mm 300 win mag I just recieved and am itching to try it. Problem is I cant get my dies till next week.A friend of mine has 7mm practical dies and says they are the same. I have no knowledge on the practical so looking for opinions on weather or not they will work.
Mike

Depends on the shoulder angle of yours. If you have some 7 rem mag dies you can try necking a case down and see if it will chamber. The 7x300 is longer of course and you will need to start with your die high and slowly crank it down until you get it necked to the shoulder. And if it won,t chamber then just keep screwing your die down until it will. Good luck. The practical has a 30 degree shoulder. Where are you getting your dies from?

Depends on the shoulder angle of yours. If you have some 7 rem mag dies you can try necking a case down and see if it will chamber. The 7x300 is longer of course and you will need to start with your die high and slowly crank it down until you get it necked to the shoulder. And if it won,t chamber then just keep screwing your die down until it will. Good luck. The practical has a 30 degree shoulder. Where are you getting your dies from?
Redding dies from Corlanes in BC. They should arrive here next week. A friend of mine has the practical dies and am itching to try my new toy so was considering trying the practical dies just to try it.

Brandon? I forget the name of it but I have friends who live in Brandon. A store there that had a quite good gun department with loading supplies. Best I have ever seen in Canada. I was a little surprised.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts