7mm 180 Hybrid results

284magnum

Has anyone used these extensively on game? I am going to load them in my 7mm rem mag. Pictures? Real world experience. No bashing. I'm already a berger fan and won't change.

We just shot two bulls with the 180 hybrid. One in 28 nosler and the other in a 7 saum. 28 nosler was a high shoulder shot. Shredded top of lungs, severed the spinal, and went through back shoulder broke with a 1 1/2" exit. The shot was angled down quite a bit. Bull dropped of course. 363 yards

The 7 saum was a lower neck shot. The neck looked like a 6" auger drill bit scrambled the inside. 3" exit. I'd say 20" of flesh and bone went through. 315 yards and it dropped also.

I like to think of them as mini 215 hybrids like it's 30 cal big brother.

To add to what has already been said above, the following thread (active right now) has some wonderful results and discussion about your exact question.

To add to what has already been said above, the following thread (active right now) has some wonderful results and discussion about your exact question.

Sweet man what was the insides like at that distance? Did the bullet open up? Exit wound? I'm shooting VLDs now but wanted something less sensitive to seating depth but same performance. Can't find the 175 EH anywhere and got lucky with the hybrids...I have a 26 inch bartlein 1/8.7

I recent killed a grizzly in Alaska with the 180 hybrid with a muzzle velocity of 2870. The shot was 113 yards behind the shoulder and the grizzly did not take a step. I was completely satisfied with the performance of the bullet and wouldn't hesitate to use it more in the future.

I recent killed a grizzly in Alaska with the 180 hybrid with a muzzle velocity of 2870. The shot was 113 yards behind the shoulder and the grizzly did not take a step. I was completely satisfied with the performance of the bullet and wouldn't hesitate to use it more in the future.
I've heard a lot of elk being taken but that's the first grizzly. Very impressive!

I've heard a lot of elk being taken but that's the first grizzly. Very impressive!
Both grizzlies I've killed have been with VLD style bullets. I killed a grizzly in the Yukon on 2016 with a 180 jlk and this recent one with the 180 hybrid. Looking forward to smashing another one on the AK peninsula in 2024 😂

Both grizzlies I've killed have been with VLD style bullets. I killed a grizzly in the Yukon on 2016 with a 180 jlk and this recent one with the 180 hybrid. Looking forward to smashing another one on the AK peninsula in 2024 😂
That's awesome nice work! Do you have any pictures of bullet performance of the hybrid? Pass through shots or dump everything in the animal?

That's awesome nice work! Do you have any pictures of bullet performance of the hybrid? Pass through shots or dump everything in the animal?
I don't have any pictures of the bullet performance on the Hybrid. The bear was quartering away and I put the shot slightly further back then you would on a completely broadside animal. The bullet as I recall penetrated and destroyed the offside shoulder. The area I hunted was a 2 bear area and immediately after the shot we realized this was not the same bear that we were initially stalking as the other bear was much larger. This bear appeared very quickly and was going to disappear very quickly as well so I did not have any time to judge. I quickly skinned this bear out and went back up to my vantage point to hopefully punch my second tag on the much larger bear. This bear ended up being around 6'6". I honestly didn't even get any pictures with the bear other than it loaded in my pack and a few as we were fleshing the next day. I do not recall seeing more than one hole in the hide so I'm tempted to say the bullet did not exit. That being said, my guide was thoroughly impressed with the quickness of the kill and the lack of any sort of need for a backup shot.

Has anyone used these extensively on game? I am going to load them in my 7mm rem mag. Pictures? Real world experience. No bashing. I'm already a berger fan and won't change.
I had to use the 180 Hybrid one year in a pinch on Coues white. I shot a buck across a canyon at 670 yards with my 7mm LRM, frankly I think it was more devastating than the hunter Bergers. The exit was like an Accubond or a Partition, Softball size. I shot and he dropped and slid down a 20 foot slab of rock leaving behind a blood smear DRT. Like with any bullet, if you have enough velocity to guarantee proper expansion and its in the heart lung or near the spine, particularly a forward high shoulder shot, your going to kill fast.

Recent Posts