• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7mm 168gr Accubond LR bullets?

One of my local shops got in both the 168grain 7mm and the 150 grain 270cal this week. The 270's are gone but the 7mm's were there an hour before close today. I can't get anyone to say whether the bullets will spin well in a 10" twist, so I've held off for now. Would be nice to know; at least berger and barnes say min. recommended twist..

The ones I have are longer than the 1.49" that Nosler advertised them at. Mine run 1.518-1.519 which is only about .006 shorter than a 180vld Berger. That's a long bullet for a 168 grain projectile. If your looking to load them in a STW, I'd give them a try. If they won't stabilize, you won't have any problem getting your money back for the ones you have left.

Darren

The ones I have are longer than the 1.49" that Nosler advertised them at. Mine run 1.518-1.519 which is only about .006 shorter than a 180vld Berger. That's a long bullet for a 168 grain projectile. If your looking to load them in a STW, I'd give them a try. If they won't stabilize, you won't have any problem getting your money back for the ones you have left.

Darren

The 168grs I just got today are running 1.513-1.514.

The 168grs I just got today are running 1.513-1.514.

That is in the ballpark of normal when compared to mine, from my experience. From box to box I've had the 180vld Bergers vary from 1.524-1.529. That's why you should measure your OAL with a comparator for the most consistent measurement in relation to the lands.

Darren

One of my local shops got in both the 168grain 7mm and the 150 grain 270cal this week. The 270's are gone but the 7mm's were there an hour before close today. I can't get anyone to say whether the bullets will spin well in a 10" twist, so I've held off for now. Would be nice to know; at least berger and barnes say min. recommended twist..

Lefty,

I just talked to Mike at Nosler (he is the only tech in the reloading dept.) and he said the 9.5" twist is recommended for the 7mm 168gr. but the 7mm STW velocity is so fast that the 10" twist would be no problem. Mike thinks the 7mm 168gr. is going to be perfect in the 7mm STW.

The 7mm 175gr. would probably be pushing it working in a 10" twist.

The BAD NEWS is Nosler has finished producing the 7mm 168gr. and the 7mm 150gr. bullets for the season and they will start producing them next Spring 2014.

So, if you can find the 7mm 168gr. bullet I would buy them or wait until next Spring and hunting season. I found a place that had them and I bought the last four boxes they had of them. :D

They will start producing the 7mm 175gr. in 30-45 days so we will start seeing them close to November.