7mm-08...pet loads anyone

huntem

Greetings to all,

I recently purchased a 7mm-08 for my daughter's bear hunt. I was looking for a good starting point for a reload. Any recommendations are welcome for both heavy game or deer sized critters

Thanks in advance

39.5 gr IMR 4895 and 140 gr Accubond or Barnes Triple Shock, Fed 210 Primer, Norma brass, 2 inch groups at 200 yds. Gun needs trigger work or I could get better groups.

I've been shooting 168 gr SMK (NOT for bear, just target) with 45 grs IMR 4350 MAX and with 39.5 grs Varget MAX (The IMR throws harder) with Rem brass and CCI primers. You won't want that bullet, but the data could be used for the 160 gr Partition. Just a thought if you wanted heavier bullets.

My daughter also uses a 7mm-08. 139 gr. Hornady Interlocks (#2820) 44.8 gr of IMR 4350, CCI 200 large rifle primers. Very accurate and works well on mulies, but don't know as if I'd recommend this load for a bear.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.