721 yds

Congrats on the night bull!
As for technical information on the TSX. 30 Cal 180g bullets have a bc of .453. I've never heard of them not expanding. I shoot a .300 RUM(180g tsx), my buddy shoots a .300 WBY(TSX), and another buddy shoots a .30-06 (150g TSX). So far we've shot 3 deer at 100, 300, 450... 5 Coyotes ranging from 50-500, and 1 bobcat at 60 yards and they've all left HUGE exit holes in them. Being the tip of a TSX is hollow point the expansion should happen easier. I've never had them fail me yet. I'd be interested to hear the stories of them failing though!

Bearless,
That's a nice pic too. Great memories! That Dollar looks like he could put some ground behind him in a hurry. Nicest thing in the world is a horse with some travel in it. Best part about huntin' on horses is you always get a ride. Not many things bring a smile like sittin' a good horse.

**** fine memories! I remember my huntin' partner pullin' up in a creek to let his horse drink. A bull bugled in the valley and the horses head came up. He stood there with water dripping from his muzzle, ears pricked, and steaming in the moonlight...

Sometimes you know you're gonna get 'em.

Grit,

That creates a heck of a picture in my minds eye! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I can just see it now... You got this old man's blood stirring! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

$bob$

My friend and I pack into the Mt Zirkel wilderness area in Colorado every year. Takes about a day to load the horses, ride in and set up camp. We hunt with our bows. The country is phenomenal. Very rugged with a lot of rocks and blow downs. It's also park country. Seems every ridge you top shows a new bowl with a tawny park and gleaming pond. The elk are everywhere. A typical day starts with shivering out of bed a couple hours before light. An hours riding or hiking listening to bulls bugling. Cows talk and chirp, spikes whistle.

It seems impossibly dark under the pines, and silvery bright in the open. We'll call in a few sattelite bulls in a morning. Sometimes we'll find one we want. If not, we'll eat lunch and keep hunting. Usually calling in a few more bulls as it gets late.

It's very exciting hunting. Lots of elk, lots of breathtaking scenery. Nothing beats elk tenderloin in a dutch oven at 10,500 feet! The fishing is great too. We see a few deer. Not many, but man are there big ones up here. Sometimes we see bear. There's more sign then anywhere I've been. We usually see a couple coyotes. And, there are grouse everywhere.

I look forward to this trip all year. I hunt a lot every year. But this trip is my favorite. Just seven months.....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.