700 trigger

I've had several of the new X Mark Pro triggers that aren't adjustable worth ****. 5 lbs is as low as I could safely go on most and had to have a mile of creep just to be safe and then they weren't repeatable. I've got a box full of those triggers I replaced. If you can find a older trigger from 06' or earlier it's just a matter of knocking out the pins and replacing the trigger group. Best bet would be to go with a nice after market trigger though. I've used several Rifle Basix. Most of them have been good but I've had a few that I had problems with. Timney have been pretty good to me also. Jewel triggers are top of the line and worth every penny they cost.

Im not calling anyone a lire here but i find it hard to belive that there are that many people that don't like/ have problems with the x mark pro trigger i just bought a rem sps varminter with this trigger and its just as light as my savege 17hmr with the accutrigger and it came from the factory that way. maybe i don't know what a good trigger is! could you please tell me more about why you don't like this trigger?

Sorry to jump off track here. But it is about 700 trigers. Want to find a dubble set triger for mine. I been shooting old school black powder for years and I love that dubble set. I sean it on tv he just pushed the triger forward and it was set. Who made it were can I get it hoiw mutch? thanks

That would be a single set trigger, like on the CZ 550 and 527's. A double set trigger would be TWO triggers in the bow, usually the rear trigger is pulled to 'set' the front, or the front can just be pulled with standard let-off. Not sure of a Remmy replacement, but I know there are some for the Mausers. Look for them in Brownells.

Thanks for the dubble and single part wasnt shure. I want the single. thanks going to look there.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts