700 trigger

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by 25-284 alberta, Mar 21, 2009.

1. 25-284 alberta

25-284 alberta Member

i do not like rems new trigger is it possible to convert back to a bdl trig from the 80s thks u guys:)

2. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

I've had several of the new X Mark Pro triggers that aren't adjustable worth damn. 5 lbs is as low as I could safely go on most and had to have a mile of creep just to be safe and then they weren't repeatable. I've got a box full of those triggers I replaced. If you can find a older trigger from 06' or earlier it's just a matter of knocking out the pins and replacing the trigger group. Best bet would be to go with a nice after market trigger though. I've used several Rifle Basix. Most of them have been good but I've had a few that I had problems with. Timney have been pretty good to me also. Jewel triggers are top of the line and worth every penny they cost.

3. 25-284 alberta

25-284 alberta Member

thanks kevin for the info i have spair triggers i am going to change it out:D

4. cabelas90

cabelas90 Well-Known Member

Im not calling anyone a lire here but i find it hard to belive that there are that many people that don't like/ have problems with the x mark pro trigger i just bought a rem sps varminter with this trigger and its just as light as my savege 17hmr with the accutrigger and it came from the factory that way. maybe i don't know what a good trigger is! could you please tell me more about why you don't like this trigger?

5. cva54

cva54 Well-Known Member

Sorry to jump off track here. But it is about 700 trigers. Want to find a dubble set triger for mine. I been shooting old school black powder for years and I love that dubble set. I sean it on tv he just pushed the triger forward and it was set. Who made it were can I get it hoiw mutch? thanks

6. msalm

msalm Well-Known Member

That would be a single set trigger, like on the CZ 550 and 527's. A double set trigger would be TWO triggers in the bow, usually the rear trigger is pulled to 'set' the front, or the front can just be pulled with standard let-off. Not sure of a Remmy replacement, but I know there are some for the Mausers. Look for them in Brownells.

7. cva54

cva54 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the dubble and single part wasnt shure. I want the single. thanks going to look there.