• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 700 Remington, 223 - Laminated Varmint

Charlie Brown Jr.

Remington 700 223 Rem. Varmint Laminated stock. Low milage, Excellent bore, Shoots great, 16oz. Rifle Basics trigger. Professionally glass bedded. Picatinny rail bipod mount. This rifle went along on many varmint shoots, but it was always in reserve in case one of the other rifles had problems. We never needed to use it, so it's been shot very little. It has a single shot adaptor, so you'll need to make the first shot count. 26" bbl 14" twist. Orendorff style floor plate. Comes with Leupold 1" rings and bases. This model was discontinued some time ago with the laminated stock. But they're excellent stocks for a varmint rifle, heavy and very ridged. So, if you know a varmint that wants his belly pumped, this rifle is ready to go, with a great trigger, and already bedded. You just need a scope and some ammo. $850, I'll pay shipping, UPS insured.

Attachments

• DSCN8665.JPG
    DSCN8665.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 377
  • DSCN8664.JPG
    DSCN8664.JPG
    946.1 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN8666.JPG
    DSCN8666.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 313
  • DSCN8667.JPG
    DSCN8667.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 303
  • DSCN8668.JPG
    DSCN8668.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
  • DSCN8669.JPG
    DSCN8669.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 368
I'll throw in the spring and follower, if you want a repeater. Mag box still in the gun.

Attachments

• DSCN8676.JPG
    DSCN8676.JPG
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 19
I'm guessing under 100 rds. When we got it we just had it bedded, and a descent trigger put on. It didn't take long to get a load that shot good. We would shoot sage rats and prairie dogs. The main guns we would shoot are 20 practical's, I have 5 of them, we would shoot 1 gun till it got hot, then set it in the shade to cool. This 223 was just along in case something went wrong with all our other guns. I've had barrels that shot under 3/8" in the morning, and you couldn't keep your shots on a pie plate by late afternoon. But I still had other 20s to shoot, Things never got so bad anyone had to use the 223.

I checked the twist, it's a 10" not 14" I didn't notice the trigger has no safety, and no bolt release. It's easy to release the bolt with a small screwdriver, just depress the release lever beside the bolt. Sorry I missed all of that, about the only thing I got right when I listed it was the caliber.

I checked the twist, it's a 10" not 14" I didn't notice the trigger has no safety, and no bolt release. It's easy to release the bolt with a small screwdriver, just depress the release lever beside the bolt. Sorry I missed all of that, about the only thing I got right when I listed it was the caliber.
should be 12 twist