700 mil-spec 5R in 308 & 223

They aren't a cataloged item. It's a Accusport exclusive. They only run them once a year and when there gone there gone.

Exactly! So when you find one...You buy it! :D

I think I'm gonna be getting that 26" 300 WM when I get more cash in the bank. Hopefully it will still be there.

Exactly! So when you find one...You buy it! :D

I think I'm gonna be getting that 26" 300 WM when I get more cash in the bank. Hopefully it will still be there.

Do it MudRunner! You can never had to many can ya?? I had a EX wife try to tell me that you could once. It only took and she had to find a new place to live. :). I got the 308 together last night. I tried to post a pic from my phone for you but I can seem to figure it out. I'll get the 223 done in the next could of days. Still waiting on the scope to show up then I'll post picks of the "twins".

450- i do not know what you are shooting at. but, if you ca't get groups like mud with 175's and either I4064 And varget i would be shocked.

450- i do not know what you are shooting at. but, if you ca't get groups like mud with 175's and either I4064 And varget i would be shocked.

Thanks Roninflag, that makes me feel better, I'm a sucker for that kind of rifle. I love the stocks and the stainless. I have since the 90's when I had a 700 vssf in 22-250 that I shot out that is now a 6.5-284. When I saw these rifles I instantly fell in love and ordered two of them. As a after thought I was thinking that I should have seen how the first one shot before I ordered the second but what can I say that's the way my brain works. If I have a gun that I really love I always need more than one because about that time they quit making it. Lol.

Do it MudRunner! You can never had to many can ya?? I had a EX wife try to tell me that you could once. It only took and she had to find a new place to live. :). I got the 308 together last night. I tried to post a pic from my phone for you but I can seem to figure it out. I'll get the 223 done in the next could of days. Still waiting on the scope to show up then I'll post picks of the "twins".
Bud's Gun shop has the same 26" 5R .300 WM for $350 cheaper than my local rip-off outlet. He's still charging panic-prices, and hasn't dropped prices yet, and probably never will.

Anyway, so Bud's has it cheap enough, and with free shipping, that I could buy this:

REM 700 5-R 300WM 26 SS $1,016.00 SHIPS FREE

And this:

Remington 700 TACT 300 BLK OUT $649.00 SHIPS FREE

And pay my $25-35 each FFL transfer fee. And still probably be around the same price as if I was buying just the .300 WinMag 5R from my local store. How sad is that?

That's a good price! Dealer price on them is about 950. I hate the gougers. You have to make money to stay in business but you don't have to rip people off. I mark my guns up 10% and it looks like Buds is even better than that. I do transfers from them all the time. They are good people to work with.

Bud's Gun shop has the same 26" 5R .300 WM for $350 cheaper than my local rip-off outlet. He's still charging panic-prices, and hasn't dropped prices yet, and probably never will.

Anyway, so Bud's has it cheap enough, and with free shipping, that I could buy this:

REM 700 5-R 300WM 26 SS $1,016.00 SHIPS FREE

And this:

Remington 700 TACT 300 BLK OUT $649.00 SHIPS FREE

And pay my $25-35 each FFL transfer fee. And still probably be around the same price as if I was buying just the .300 WinMag 5R from my local store. How sad is that?

The 5R 700 308 I had loved every bullet I fed it. 150 BT, 155 AMAX, 150 AB, 168 SMK, 175 SMK, 178 amax, 190 SMK you name it. It liked RL15 the best. Varget did good but only at lower velocities. I got top accuracy and top velocity with R15. IMR4064 did good, H4895 did good, BENCHMARK did good, IMR4320 did good.

Keep us posted.

M

Thanks, well I loaded 100 rounds to break the 308 in last night I ended up using:
Lapua brass
43.0grs Varget
Fed. 210m primers
175gr SMK
O.A.L 2.800"

I can't wait to see how the fly. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed of so warmer weather. I don't have any RL 15 but I'm looking for some. I would like to try that also.

Well guys I was putting together the 223 last night and I saw there is a ding in the muzzle crown. Needless to say I'm not real happy. I'm going to take it to Mark Penrod today and have him recut the crown, bed the stock and do a trigger job. Is there anything else you think he should do while he has it?

Well guys I was putting together the 223 last night and I saw there is a ding in the muzzle crown. Needless to say I'm not real happy. I'm going to take it to Mark Penrod today and have him recut the crown, bed the stock and do a trigger job. Is there anything else you think he should do while he has it?
If he's doing all that, might as well pull the barrel & true up the action just for your own peace of mine. If he's like my smith, then it will probably only cost about an extra $100 or so.

My smith called about 15 mins ago and said my rifle was ready. So I get to go pick that up this evening. Can't wait to pick it up! Been wanting to get this one rebarreled for a long time now with something useful to me, instead of that crappy short 23" .338 WM barrel. I had him put a 26" 7mm RemMag barrel on there for now. Then she's getting decked-out later on down the road.

Anyway, I'd seriously have him break it all down and true the action, barrel threads, barrel shoulder, and recut the chamber to spec with his reamer (Remington chambers sometimes are a little out of spec).

Good call MudRunner, I think that's what I'm going to have him do. He's not cheap but is without a doubt the best gunsmith in these parts and some say in the nation. Just kind of bummed it had to make the trip before it was even shot. Guess I'll just have to play with the 308 until it gets back. I except to see some pics of that 7mm Mag when you get it back!!

Good call MudRunner, I think that's what I'm going to have him do. He's not cheap but is without a doubt the best gunsmith in these parts and some say in the nation. Just kind of bummed it had to make the trip before it was even shot. Guess I'll just have to play with the 308 until it gets back. I except to see some pics of that 7mm Mag when you get it back!!
It's nothing special...I just had him put on a new factory Remington 26" stainless sporter barrel that I had laying around. So it will basically just be a trued up, older, stainless CDL in a B&C Medalist stock. LOL But I can post up a few pics if you want me to. LOL

However, once I get my stainless fluted Sendero barrel, and have the chamber bored to .300 Ackley (#3 Ackley...The one based off the full-length .300 H&H cartridge that's similar to a .300 Wby), then it will be something to see! Might even put a Vais brake on the end of it. Talk about a long range monster. :D

I wish there was a like button on this thing!! Sounds like a fire breather! You going to put a green web 5R take off stock on it?? Lol. Just kidding I know how much you love the green. :)

However, once I get my stainless fluted Sendero barrel, and have the chamber bored to .300 Ackley (#3 Ackley...The one based off the full-length .300 H&H cartridge that's similar to a .300 Wby), then it will be something to see! Might even put a Vais brake on the end of it. Talk about a long range monster. :D[/QUOTE]

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.