700 5r 300wm

Anyone shoot one of these and care to share what load you have found works best in it?

I have one of these and mine shoots great. I have had a little work done to it such as a muzzle brake, skim bed the stock, etc. I have a Leupold Mark4 6.5-20 on it. With winchester brass, cci 250 primer, 208 gr Amax , and 76.7 grains of H1000 I am getting 2890fps with an ES of less than 10fps. This is a consistent 1/2 moa load in this rifle. I also have a good load for bergers that shoots almost this good.

MSLRHunter did his right like mine except I installed a Jewell trigger, an Eagle stock pack and a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50.
I haven't tried the 208 AMAX but might soon.
My favorite load is the Berger VLD hunting 168 gr. using Remington cases, 83.5 gr. H1000 and Federal Mag primers giving 3160 fps. This load shoots 1/2 MOA as well. I have mine zeroed at 300 yards which gives me point blank shooting out to 400 yards with the Berger load.
Nice thing about the M700 5R is that it has a magazine that will take the Berger loaded the way it should be loaded. Wish my .308 5R and .223 5R were like that. These 5Rs are some fantastically good shooting rifles with the right loads.
Enjoy your rifle.

Mine just does not seem to like lighter bullets with what little I have tried so far......165's and 180's are not impressing me. But I have not tried H1000 yet and will. But I have tried powders and bullets that shot 1/2 MOA in a Sendero 300WM I used to own, and it has not been good. I have read where some people claimed their 5R 300WM's would not group bullets under 200 grains good, and would shine with any over that. I am just trying to see if anyone else has ran into this with theirs.

Mine is very picky with bullets as well. I tried Hornady and Sierra and so far the best has been the Berger. As earlier stated, though, I may try the 208 AMAX after this hunting season is over. At least the Berger has given me a super accurate load and is good for both paper and meat.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.