7 wsm load suggestions/ berger& accubond

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ronnie1972, Mar 5, 2011.

1. ronnie1972

ronnie1972 Active Member

hello, i am new to this forum but have been looking at it for a longtime
    i am having jim see/center shot rifles build me a new gun. it will be a 7wsm with a 24" barrel in a 1and 9 twist
    what i am looking for is some load data hel, i will be sgooting 160gr accubond or the 168gr vld depending on accuracy. the gun will mainly used for deer size animals,but i am going moose hunting,and have an elk hunt planned as well.
    so i would like someone share their loads with me if possible..
    the type of bullet,powdercharge,type of brass and what kind of velocity r u getting
    thank you
    sorry for the long post, just trying to get all my ducks in a row before the gun is finished

2. Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw Well-Known Member

Hi Ronnie, first, great choice of calibers. My 7mmWSM, 9 twist Broughton likes the Beger, 180VLD hunting bullet touching the lands. The Hornady 162 Amax is very good too. I didn't want to burn my barrel up with load development. I found 62.0 gr. H4831sc is great with both bullets. I think H1000, RE-22 work well also. i have not tried the accubond but i bet it will be great as well. keep us posted, good luck!

3. ronnie1972

ronnie1972 Active Member

thanks for your help,hope spme other people will chime in as well

4. ronnie1972

ronnie1972 Active Member

buzzsaw
    what type of velocity are you getting with loads