7 wsm brux

bcoving

I have a 7 wsm with a brux barrel. Just started load dev. h4831 sc with bergers 168's. I'm not getting consistant results. Should I try h4350 next or h1000. The barrel is 24 inches. I want to stay with h powders unless I cant find a good load.

It's just finicky. I have one charge and seating depth it likes and it will shoot and inch at 200 yards most of the time but has flyers too. The charges and seating depths it dont like shoots terrible. It just seams like its not the right combo.

I have a 26" Brux chambered in 7WSM.

I also shoot Berger 180's and H1000 will great results.

Never tried anything else because this shot so well.

I have a Brux 26" chambered in 7wsm, shoots 168s and H4831sc 64.3-65 with cci200 <1/2 inch, very consistant out past 1200yards. I also shoot the 162 Amax with same load and almost same results.

Ben

I've had superb results with the 162gr A-Max and IMR7828ssc, using WW brass and CCI250. Temp stability is quite good, accuracy is excellent, velocity is great, and SD's and ES's are low.

Although I absolutely love 7828ssc for the WSMs, I have to say this is a job for H1000.

H1000 is probably one of the the most, if not the most versatile powder I have found for the heavies in pretty much any magnum 7mm. While higher velocities can be obtained elsewhere, the tunability and consistency of H1000 makes it a top choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.