• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

7 saum brass

Joefrazell

Looking for saum brass if anybody has any or knows of any. Mostly looking for adg but possibly others. Thanks

Unfortunately, we are both in the same boat. If you find any extra, please let me know! ADG says that they are running a batch in mid-June. Hopefully, we can snag some from that batch at the latest. Hope this helps.

That makes three of us! I don't understand why Peterson or Alpha haven't jumped at making this too!
I emailed alpha asking the same question. They were non committal but let's face it. Why spend the money on r/d when they can't keep up on demand for inventory they already have developed.

That seems to be the response a lot of the manufacturers are giving lately. Oh the times we live in...

Peterson took on the 300 prc. I feel that there's enough 7 saum lovers/ users to warrant another manufacturer to take it on. I'm hoping adg makes a good run of it this go around. The 6.5 prc adg was gone soooo fast.

I use Remington 300 SAUM brass in one of my SAUM rifles, ADG in one and have used a bunch of Norma. The Remington 300 SAUM brass, I just size down with a set of Redding bushing dies and turn the necks mainly to clean up and consistency. There is just a lot of case prep with the Remington (flash holes uniformed, necks turned, bushing sizing etc.)but once it's done and fire formed, it shoots well.

I use Remington 300 SAUM brass in one of my SAUM rifles, ADG in one and have used a bunch of Norma. The Remington 300 SAUM brass, I just size down with a set of Redding bushing dies and turn the necks mainly to clean up and consistency. There is just a lot of case prep with the Remington (flash holes uniformed, necks turned, bushing sizing etc.)but once it's done and fire formed, it shoots well.
How's the Norma holding up? I've heard mixed reviews on it.

Would you mind sending me a message with some details of what you use (bushing sizes, etc.) and how you do this, please? I don't know how to message directly. I've been reloading for a few years now, but I have never changed brass to this extent. I would appreciate any help that you are willing to offer!

Would you mind sending me a message with some details of what you use (bushing sizes, etc.) and how you do this, please? I don't know how to message directly. I've been reloading for a few years now, but I have never changed brass to this extent. I would appreciate any help that you are willing to offer!
I will look when I get back in town and see what bushing is in my die for necking down. Some people that I know do this in two steps but I do it in one and then use an expander. I will message you when I have everything in front of me. I use a K&M neck turning kit (21st century makes a nice one as well) to turn my case necks to begin with. You may not even have to turn the necks, depending on type of brass and chamber dimensions. I will message you in a few days.

Recent Posts