7 mm SHERMAN SHORTMAG vs 7 SAUM

It shows how individual rifles are. I shot 615 grains H1000 behind a 143 eldx at 3170 and my best groups were in the zero's. I shot 1 3 shot group that measured .014" 60 grains of RLl 26 shot very well at 3207 with the same bullet.......rich

I have been reading many articles based on saum vs. ss's, etc., this is very intriguing to me and has got me researching hyrdo-forming cases vs. COW vs fire forming full loads. Which powders/primers work best, best brass choices, when to anneal and when not to and HOW TO !o_O
I have a list of books and dvd's that i put in order like a freshman heading to college, hoping i get a few for Christmas. I just hope a new caliber doesn't pop out and wreck my build choice. Right now i seem to be stuck at .280AI and the 7mmSS. But i have until early spring to get it all worked out.

Hey folks, new to the forum.

Curious, can anyone post a reamer print of the 7 SS?
Is anyone using it in F-class?

I have been pondering reducing the length (shoulder to base) of a SAUM .100 for a couple of months, the added neck length would make it look a lot like a 6BR only bigger.
Thinking accuracy and barrel life.
CW

Hey folks, new to the forum.

Curious, can anyone post a reamer print of the 7 SS?
Is anyone using it in F-class?

I have been pondering reducing the length (shoulder to base) of a SAUM .100 for a couple of months, the added neck length would make it look a lot like a 6BR only bigger.
Thinking accuracy and barrel life.
CW

I'm planning to use it in f-class. But just starting the build now should have it up and running around March

What kind of barrel life are folks getting?

How is accuracy as compared to an 7 RSAUM
No one has shot one enough to know for sure what barrel life is but it has to be better than a Saum at equal pressure because it has a longer neck and 40 degree shoulder. As far as accuracy goes, users are getting outstanding accuracy! I have personally shot .3 to .4 out to 1300 yards with a 180 vld at around 3000'.

With the likely possibility of head stamped brass I am ordering up a 7mm barrel for the SS. Trying to decide between 1:8 and 1:7.5. Plan to shoot between 175-195s. Hornady lists 1:7.5 for their 180 Eld-M, Berger lists 1:8 for 195, 1:9 for 180 VLD Hunting. Suggestions?

Hmmm. I always figured 1:8 is enough. Don't know if anyone has tried a 7.5? Pm me your phone # if you don't mind. I want to discuss Facebook with you

With the likely possibility of head stamped brass I am ordering up a 7mm barrel for the SS. Trying to decide between 1:8 and 1:7.5. Plan to shoot between 175-195s. Hornady lists 1:7.5 for their 180 Eld-M, Berger lists 1:8 for 195, 1:9 for 180 VLD Hunting. Suggestions?
I have been in the same boat. I'm gathering parts for a 7ss and would like to shoot the 180 eldm exclusively. I know Hornady lists 7.5 for it, but I have had conversations with shooters on FB saying they are using the listed bc in a 9 twist 7 rem mag with drops verified out to 1600 yards. My concern is seeing early pressure in a 7.5 vs 8 twist.
Mike