7.82 warbird

Jimm

Yeah , I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif,

But , hey! it's not mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif A friend of mine bought into the " hyper " velocity hype, then went out and bought a sako actioned Lazzeroni warbird , and no , he didn't ask what I thought about it so I had no opportunity to give him my million dollars worth ( in this case , I think the inflated value of my advice is spot on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

So, now what does he want me to do ?.................exactly ! reload for the monstrosity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Case trimming ,what am I going to do? I cant find a file to trim die and my Wilson case trimmer does not have a case holder listed for it . I tried contacting Wilson today but I expect they are off till after the new year.

I would appreciate any loading info as regards load data or tools . BTW, he really is not a bad guy cause when he asked me to load / develop a load for it he brought me a brand new 35P with the works and said " here I know you've been wanting one of these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for any help you can give , may the Lord of Light shine on your hearts in this coming year .

Jim Brown

jimm,

I owe ya one:
33236_11_6_1_.gif

neener, neener, neener /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jimm,

all kiddin' aside, it'll be neat to get some first hand experience posted on you're little project.

Looking forward to your experience.

HeYYY !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I want one of them laughing guys , how do you do it ? Yes , you did owe me one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif now youre paid in full.

Step one of this " project " was really encouraging . When I deprimed the first batch of once fired brass the primers practically fell out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Don't figure to get much run with factory loaded brass as they are loaded to max pressures . Will proabably get some new brass as well.

I have had some emails giving some load data but so far only with the lighter bullets . I want to develop a load using the 200 gr Accubond . Hope someone out there has a starting point for the heavier bullets . I will post results as I obtain them, right now am waiting on backordered everything, from dies to bullets .

Jim

Thanks Sam, I appreciate the help. I saw those loading suggestions at the Lazz site . The 200 gr bullet data is for a partition , reckon it would be kosher to start with the suggested minimum if I use a Accubond ? I don't know how the two bullets compare as to bearing surface .

Thanks again , Jim

If you talk to Lazz they will tell you to start with the lower load data for the 200 Nosler and work up.

So you are correct!

Good Luck!

Is this by any chance the fella that sent the bottle opener/shooting tripod on the Pdog hunt?
As for data, 102gr of H1000 was warm, and 115.4gr of H50BMG was about max. Both broke 3150fps, and the accuracy award went to the H50BMG. When develping these loads I started at 94gr on the H1000 and 106gr on the BMG... of course, you know why I love those H powders:) Course now that hodgen has bought out IMR, 7828 might have made the list. You can get a bit more velocity with some of the other powders, but sacrifice temp stability... course, I don't think John Lazz cared about that... had to get that velocity number up for the advertisements!

Does anyone know where to get the case dimensions of the Lazz cases? Might be interesting to see ...

(Not to steal your thread ...)

Yup ! that be him ,

Reckon we are going to send it off to Kirby for a a little tweaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I will say this though, there has been a lot of shopping for parts on this project . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

We'll see how it goes !

Jim Brown

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know where to get the case dimensions of the Lazz cases? Might be interesting to see ...

(Not to steal your thread ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

The warbird case volume as I understand it is only slightly less than a 30-378 Weatherby. So loading data for the Warbird is about 5 grains less than a 30-378 max load.

I shoot the 30-378 and I've settled in on AA8700 for all 200 and up grain bullets. I thought that the 50BMG powder was too slow. I predominantly shoot sierra 200 spb. It's about the highest BC of the cheapest bullets. I shoot allot and I just can't justify the one dollar bullets unless I'm on the range and bragging rights are at stake.

Looks like your going to talk to Kirby, I was going to suggest that. If I remember correctly his brother had one at one time and so he has worked with them. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.