• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7-300WSM reloading dies

Varmint Hunter

I have a custom rifle in 7WSM that has about 1,000 rounds down the tube. I'm thinking of have the 25" Broughton bbl set back an inch and rechambered to 7-300WSM. This should forever resolve the brass availability issue.

I use a set of Redding 7 WSM, S type FL dies. Will I be able to use these dies for the slightly shorter 7-300WSM?

I don't think they will work unless you are neck sizing only. I have a 7wsm and I have only ever used 300wsm brass because I got it right when brass became unobtainable. (I fireform the brass with cream of wheat.) The shoulder moves forward about 1/10th of an inch when fireforming, so I would assume that is how far you will miss sizing the 7-300wsm brass. It would be no problem to use 300wsm bushing dies for the 7wsm, but since the 7wsm is longer I don't think your dies will work for the 7-300wsm.

For anyone still interested; Redding did not recommend milling .040" off the bottom of the 7WSM FL S die. They said it "may or may not" work and that it voids the warantee.

Their recommendation is as follows:

I would recommend a 300 WSM Bushing Full die once the cases are formed. Depending on your chamber dimensions you mat need a 7/300 WSM Full length die to properly neck down the entire case neck to 7mm diameter as the bushings will leave that slight bit still at .30 caliber and this may prevent chambering .