7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

Maybe I will hunt with this setup 😅. Not bad for a 9.7lb bigger magnum rifle.

IMG_2131.jpeg

The recoil does land me about 2 Mils away from the target after the shot though. I can still see the impacts pretty easily though since I was only on 15X. A little weight sure wouldn't hurt. But we definitely got options now lol. A hair over .1 mil low. Which puts me at a trued BC for the 180 ELDM at .38 G7

Maybe I will hunt with this setup 😅. Not bad for a 9.7lb bigger magnum rifle.

View attachment 551888

The recoil does land me about 2 Mils away from the target after the shot though. I can still see the impacts pretty easily though since I was only on 15X. A little weight sure wouldn't hurt. But we definitely got options now lol. A hair over .1 mil low. Which puts me at a trued BC for the 180 ELDM at .38 G7

But you missed 🤣…that's good shooting. See 7mm is better.

Huntnful- I'll PM my address so you can send me your 300 NMI. You don't want it getting lonely in the safe. I'll keep it running for you. :)

Great shooting my friend! Can't wait for hunting season to see your trophies.

Stay well and thanks for letting us tag along.
JC

Huntnful- I'll PM my address so you can send me your 300 NMI. You don't want it getting lonely in the safe. I'll keep it running for you. :)

Great shooting my friend! Can't wait for hunting season to see your trophies.

Stay well and thanks for letting us tag along.
JC
Hahahaha that's my backup backup setup 🤣. But I don't think I'll need it. This 7-300 is shaping up just fine. Probably kill an elk and a few deer with it this season

Curious how recoil will compare to the 300 when the rifle is equal weight.
On a recoil calculator, it should be about 10% less. But it honestly doesn't feel like it. Feels the same, and a little sharper. Could just be my mind though. Im not shooting them side by side for a legit comparison.

But I don't feel like it was significantly less recoil, if any at all.

Are you doing prefits and spinning them on yourself?
No they aren't prefits. @Barehandlineman11 lives 1 hour away from me. I've been bringing him my action for every barrel. Get a perfect chamber and a perfectly time muzzle brake that way. And then the brake just stays with the barrel. I can't express how freaking awesome it is to have a legit gunsmith that close. And no bullshittng or run arounds with lead times and stuff. He knocks it out as soon as he can.

I have a barrel vise at home that I swap them with once he's done. And I make sure to use the same torque as he did as well.

No they aren't prefits. @Barehandlineman11 lives 1 hour away from me. I've been bringing him my action for every barrel. Get a perfect chamber and a perfectly time muzzle brake that way. And then the brake just stays with the barrel. I can't express how freaking awesome it is to have a legit gunsmith that close. And no bullshittng or run arounds with lead times and stuff. He knocks it out as soon as he can.

I have a barrel vise at home that I swap them with once he's done. And I make sure to use the same torque as he did as well.
I think for my next hot rod im getting a couple of barrels at once, great idea