6mm06 AI loads

Dangerous Dan

Do any Of you fellers have any experance loading the 6mm06 AI , If So do You have any info or could you shed so light on the loading data thanks a Bunch DD

You might want to look up data for the 240 Wby Mag.... there pretty much the same cartridge..

I used the 240 as a starting point , just looking to compair notes , You just never know all the powder and loads out there I was maybe hopeing or a short cut Thanks For the heads up DD

DD,
For what it's woth.. I've been told that Hodgon Hybrid 100 V is going well in the large 6mm's, might want to look it over. I use it in my 6XC as well as my .243 wssm... both cartridges like the stuff. It's in the IMR-4350 range, but with a better pressure curve from what I can see.
Good luck.

Iron Man,
I think your spot on there... I was going to mention RL-17; I bought 4 pounds of it'...., but have yet to load any in my 6mm's.

Ironworker & 436 I did some Pressure test with Ramshot Magnum I started at 60.0 60.5 61.0 61.5 62.0 62.5 , The Pressure Come Down as I Went Up With The charge . I Have Some H 1000 100V AA3100 W780S RL15&RL22 . I Know The gun Will shoot Great with 85 and Up Bullets . But I was Thinking I would like to shoot 65 gr V maxes If I could Find The sweet spot . I will keep You all Posted after Some Bench and Crono Time DD

I would look at Retumbo in the 60gr range. should get you 3200fps with the 140gr Berger's

I have some loading to do now I also bought some 4007SSC It will be a Wile I will post My findings Thanks A Bunch fellers DD

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.