6mm rem Ackley. 1-10" twist 26" barrel anyone have info.???

coyotewallace

6mm rem Ackley. 1-10\" twist 26\" barrel anyone have info.???

looking for info. from anyone that can help with this cartridge.opinions, load data an fireforming loads..whatever info. you have

Re: 6mm rem Ackley. 1-10\" twist 26\" barrel anyone have info.???

Got one. Mine is a stainless Shilen #4 on a mid 70's Weatherby Vanguard. My first wildcat. If I had it to do over, I'd do it in 6mm/06. I used up probably half the barrel life forming cases and finding a load that would shoot.

Just my experience. Many guys have done em' and love em'.

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/6mmackley/

will get you to a wealth of info.

Here's another-- mine's a short action 700 with a stainless 26" # 5 Shilen. Never could get the 87 V-Max to shoot out of it, but the 87 Horn. BTHP would do <MOA to 800 on the nice days. It has the 6-24X Burris Ball. Mil-dot on it-- which worked well, although i'd opt for the Leupold VH reticle if i did it over again 4.5-14 or 4-16 to get it a little more compact. This rig, before i retired it for specialty pistols, was my walk around late season long-range coyote rig. These days i'd opt for just the std. 6mm over the 6AI, since the gain isn't much.

good round shoot the 95bergers out of one with the 10 twist and it is very accurate ,gets 3500fps with RL19 killed a few 700 and 800 yrd ground hogs with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.