• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

^6mm BR brass.

Im building a rig for PRS Which I will have the chamber reamed for Lapua brass. I just ordered it and I haven't gotten the brass yet. However, Lapua brass is awesome. None better. Make sure you check with your gunsmith on your chamber for the Lapua brass dimensions, not 6mm BR Remington brass or Norma brass. Some lots of the Lapua are slightly larger at the base than Norma. If you have a barrel tightly chambered for Norma brand brass, Lapua brass should fit if you use a small base size die. The tight spot is at the web of the case--it may be just a tiny bit larger diameter than the Norma. But the Norma brass is very good. It's just a good deal more expensive than Lapua from most vendors. Current lots of Lapua 6BR brass measure .2685"-.269" neck diameter with a bullet seated and .469" right at the web of an unfired case. We've seen some of the Lapua brass has a bit of a flare right at the mouth which means that a .271" neck might be too tight. Setting the neck for .272" is a pretty safe bet for current lots of Lapua brass. I plan to shoot Varget or N540 with the berger 105's but will see what the gun likes.