• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6mm arc brass

Just as an fyi, I just went thru this same dilemma and ended up getting a pretty good deal on Starline 6.5 Grendel brass and lubed them good and gradually- like maybe 4-5 small amounts of resizing with a 90 deg turn in the shell holder btwn each pass and only destroyed 1 out of almost 400 of them- the first one- when I tried to do it all in 1 pull of the handle.

It really didn't take too long- I used Hornady 1 shot spray lube shot at a 45 deg angle on all 4 sides of the brass in the reloading tray.

Just my $0.02... I'd have loved to use Lapua which I only use now, but I got a great package deal w/ dies, etc - $.45/ each- about 300 of them new, $.23/ each for the remainder of the 1x fired ones on another forum.

I just made sure to check that the bolt will go into battery once I got it where I felt it was "right" as the shoulder is pushed back just a little bit on the 6arc vs the 6.5 G.

I did the same as STGguy. Looked for brass for a long time, including once fired and anything else available. No luck. I made a bunch from 6.5 Gredel. Straight forward, but requires a lot of trimming for length. I use to trim with a hand tool but picked up an RCBS trim pro II just for making this brass. Have been picking up 6mm ARC loaded ammo now when I find it just to get the brass, even though Hornady has been the only option.

I did the same as STGguy. Looked for brass for a long time, including once fired and anything else available. No luck. I made a bunch from 6.5 Gredel. Straight forward, but requires a lot of trimming for length. I use to trim with a hand tool but picked up an RCBS trim pro II just for making this brass. Have been picking up 6mm ARC loaded ammo now when I find it just to get the brass, even though Hornady has been the only option.
Good reminder, I needed to trim all the 1x fired that I formed, the new stuff was still w in spec and the bolt closed on it good.

I just fireformed these ,220 Russian On the left, 5 fireformed cases in the middle, and a loaded Hornady six arc 87 grain VMAX on the right

Attachments

• 8BF87B0D-7E95-41C7-8BE4-F26076A9B4C5.jpeg
    8BF87B0D-7E95-41C7-8BE4-F26076A9B4C5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

Recent Posts