6mm 90 grain E-tip or Scirocco on Coyotes

longarm

I'm wanting to use just one load and one high b.c. bullet of 90 grains for deer, hogs and coyote in an improved 6mm . Has anyone used the 90 grain Nosler E-tip or the 90 grain Swift Scirocco on coyotes (I know they work well on deer and hogs)? Which of the two works better on coyotes? In a 1 in 9 twist barrel has anyone compared the accuracy of both of them, which grouped better? Thanks.

You would be killing a coyote or deer just fine with either of those bullets. I get paid to kill deer for my brothers deer cloning company and I have shot hundreds of deer in the last few years and my experience was just about every deer I ever shot dropped regardless of bullet style (with the exception of the ultra penetrating bullets). Shot placement as you well know is key. I shoot mine with a 6 creedmoor and 105 hybrids now. Kills anything I shoot with them. Killed a rather large hog at 620 yards two months ago and they turn coyotes inside out pretty easy. At this point, it boils down to smaller factors that only you have to consider such as price and availability. Anyways, hope you found at least a frog hair of insight from that

You would be killing a coyote or deer just fine with either of those bullets. I get paid to kill deer for my brothers deer cloning company and I have shot hundreds of deer in the last few years and my experience was just about every deer I ever shot dropped regardless of bullet style (with the exception of the ultra penetrating bullets). Shot placement as you well know is key. I shoot mine with a 6 creedmoor and 105 hybrids now. Kills anything I shoot with them. Killed a rather large hog at 620 yards two months ago and they turn coyotes inside out pretty easy. At this point, it boils down to smaller factors that only you have to consider such as price and availability. Anyways, hope you found at least a frog hair of insight from that

I'd even consider the 90 grain Lapua Scenars if I thought they would consistantly give clean kills on coyotes, hogs and deer. I'm getting good results out of the 150 grain Berger VLD Hunting projectiles in .277 launched at 3300 fps. I'd be launching the 90 grain 6mm at close to the same speed out of a .240 PSP.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.